Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What all is needed when switching to Car intake manifold from Truck intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What all is needed when switching to Car intake manifold from Truck intake manifold

Ive got a 2004 Lq4 that is going into my 71 nova and ive got to change over to a car intake manifold. I just bought a Pro Products Typhoon intake off of another member on here and am wondering what else im going to need to change over.

Will all of the sensors on the intake manifold swap over?

What do i need to do with the knock sensors? Will there be enough clearance under the intake for them still or do i need to get the valley cover/knock sensor setup off of a car also?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did this swap i used a car water pump because it has the neck in different location, where the truck neck will hit tb. I also had to get water pump spacers so it would line up with the truck balancer. Then you also have to relocate the idler pulley cuz it will be in the way of the tb. The brackets and spacers i got from dirty dingo. The spacers also have a tap in them to route your steam vent into also.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Resident

For my 2002 5.3 I used a car water pump and belt tensioner (I swapped to an F-body balancer rather than spacing anything) and an F-body MAP. If you retain EVAP, you may need some more parts, but I didn't keep it.

Also, the truck injector connectors are different from the car ones. Any 90s GM with port injection should have the correct plugs.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Launching!

Thanks guy

Was planning on switching to a vvt 5.3l/6.2l water pump because I think it has the water outlet similar to the fbody pump.

What about the knock sensors?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rennat_2006
Thanks guy

Was planning on switching to a vvt 5.3l/6.2l water pump because I think it has the water outlet similar to the fbody pump.

What about the knock sensors?
I used the truck sensors and pan.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Sensors are the same as far as I know. Pan is the same. I recommend swapping to an LS6 pan if you have the money. I burn a lot of oil in the PCV system.

http://paceperformance.com/i-5133816...ley-cover.html

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18

Quick Reply: What all is needed when switching to Car intake manifold from Truck intake manifold