Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 going into a 99 Dakota R/T

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by casias
I'm not changing the topic at all.

I think the LS engine is fantastic. I think the Magnum motor is a turd that is not worth my time.

Others may have a different opinion.
I think the Gen 3 Hemi engine engine is fanfuckingtastic. I think the LT motor is a turd that is not worth my time.

See the difference?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onebaddakota
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "super bad magnum motor" but here's my junk magnum, cacias. You were almost dead on with your 14 second estimation, btw. Do you think it would be worth the swap?
Dakota- Pass 3 - YouTube
Very important question...what wheel and tire combo are you running? I can't find anything decent with the dakota bolt patter.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "super bad magnum motor" but here's my junk magnum, cacias. You were almost dead on with your 14 second estimation, btw. Do you think it would be worth the swap?
Dakota- Pass 3 - YouTube
Ok, I get it. This is just a typical Mopar troll.

Bring out the race trucks. Vague description, apples to apples, all that nonsense.

Last edited by casias; 06-29-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Ok, I get it. This is just a typical Mopar troll.

Bring out the race trucks. Vague description, apples to apples, all that nonsense.

Two things become readily apparent to me, either you have just a cursory knowledge of magnum motors or your purposely making false and misleading statements to greater justify your own build.
Case in point, did you really compare an engine Master's build to a catalog parts build? Because I was truthful with you. I have those same parts. But maybe a little more attention to detail, like increasing port volume, like valvetrain stability and harmonics, like valve train weight. Maybe focusing on these inherent problems within the magnum platform and applying modern technology may lead to turning more RPM and hence more power. Because with those same parts, Casias, I made 600. With the factory hyd roller, with 11.7 compression, and with a cam that will allow me to drive mine anywhere you drive yours.
Lastly, the only race truck in this thread is the one with the LS motor. My race weight is just shy of 3500 lbs. That's with a full interior. I drive mine into work in downtown Minneapolis all the time in rush hour traffic then back out to the burbs. You put my motor in that 2900 lb tin can at a pseudo legit track like Atco, and I'll show you 9s on the motor. You mad bro? So Ezy..
Old 06-29-2015, 12:55 PM
Teching In

LOL, I ran mid 12's back in 2004 with $800 r/t heads and a comp hydraulic roller 210/220 duration @.050 with .512" lift and shift kit and 3000 stall converter in my 46RE.

My same magnum motor now runs 10.20-10.00 on motor at 135mph and still don't have 6K in the motor.

Also casias I find it funny you crying about magnum guys coming over here giving you crap when you do THE EXACT! same thing over on the magnum sites. maybe you should look in the mirror and realize you are black to, mister pot!
Old 06-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Teching In

You throw quite the party don't you, Casias? You've stirred up quite the hornet's nest. You've got some of the fastest magnum based street trucks in the country in your thread. This is like some bad remake of the movie, Tombstone. You called down the thunder and now the thunder is here..
Old 06-29-2015, 04:29 PM
TECH Regular

Wow. You guys really love fixing all of the inherent problems in these motors. More power to you, so to speak.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Wow. You guys really love fixing all of the inherent problems in these motors. More power to you, so to speak.
Sorry Casias, your not understanding what a firing order is would NOT be considered an inherent problem for the rest of the world. It's really too bad you had so much trouble with a simple plug change. If you have to tackle such a challenging mechanical task in the future - I suggest you just pay somebody.

Again, we are sorry that it was too difficult for you to figure it out.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by duner
Sorry Casias, your not understanding what a firing order is would NOT be considered an inherent problem for the rest of the world. It's really too bad you had so much trouble with a simple plug change. If you have to tackle such a challenging mechanical task in the future - I suggest you just pay somebody.

Again, we are sorry that it was too difficult for you to figure it out.
If you are referring to this thread.

http://lsdak1.freeforums.net/thread/...ta-gets-intake

There are those who tell the truth, and those who don't.

Next time I need to do valve springs only, I would just pull the heads. Much easier than bending over in an engine bay, doing 16 valves one at a time using a compressor tool, bringing each piston to TDC, and covering the area in towels to prevent dropping those stupid little locks.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dakota- Pass 3 - YouTube
Details on your wheel/tire combo please.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry Casias,
I just remembered it was something really stupid and simple that you had trouble with. I'm glad you finally found a powerplat that didn't use valve springs so you won't have those issues again in the future.

Quick Reply: LS1 going into a 99 Dakota R/T