Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 truck 5.3 alt wire pinout info

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2003 truck 5.3 alt wire pinout info

i did some searchin but didnt come up with much and what dod come up no one finished the info on there findings in the threads.

2003 yukon 5.3 truck alt wire pinout.

got

gray/brown/blue

wer does blue go ? was going to to the main computer /fuse block plug end of truck harnness . got 1 darn wire i lost track of and didnt get labled.

doing a 5.3/4l60e 2wd to a 85 c10short bed .

used the harnness info from lt1swap.com site. making it a non emmisions 2 o2 sensor only basic harnness.

great site and love it so far. been on chat forums for years just getting in to the ls series now so figured try you guys as you pop up a LOT in search results.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default alternator

hello l1tech. to answer your question you only need the brown wire which is the pin b of the 4 prong connector that goes to the alternator. the brown wire, alternator/charge indicator, travels to the green side of pcm slot 15. hope this help. good luck.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Launching!

just to be clear then

hook up in truck and alt will work as normal no other mods . as in normal from 2003 setup.

know what the blue was by chance ?

and thanks.

EDIT : did some back tracking and was able to 98% line up to pin j on the c100 plug and if i am guessing correctly it could be engine on indicator . more than 12 v then this would mean engine is running as alt is spinning .

just wana verify . its my first MASSIVE harrness modification as i have taken a long time to get good at wiring diagrams. dont wan tape it all up and go oh ****

Last edited by sweetk30; 05-12-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you figured this one out by now but I was looking for this info for a while before I found a very detailed explanation so it might help someone too.

The C2 connector on the back of the solid state voltage regulator attached to the alternator is a 4 pin metri-pak (12186568) with only 3 pins used.

Pin A, your Dark Blue wire: is called Circuit 5668, and is the Engine ON signal from the alternator regulator to the supplemental brake assist pump motor of the hydraulic brake booster. This wire goes from Pin A of C2 to Pin J of connector C100, which is a main harness connector located under the main fuse box electrical center in the engine compartment. At C100, the Dark Blue wire CHANGES COLORS on the other side of C100 to Black with a White stripe. From there the wire may pass through the firewall and back, but it eventually gets to Pin D of the conncetor that mounts on top of the Supplemental Brake Assist Pump Motor, which sits vertically inboard of your hydraulic brake booster assembly on the driver's side firewall.

Pin B, your Brown wire: is called Circuit 25, and is the Generator Field Duty Cycle Signal that goes from Pin B of C2 to Pin 15 of the Powertrain Control Module.

Pin C, your Gray wire: is called Circuit 23, and is the Charge Indicator Control Siginal that goes from Pin C of C2 to Pin 75 of the Powertrain Control Module.

source: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...howtopic=82709

Cheers
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Launching!

now thats the info i wanted thank yo sir

and i had not got that far yet in my build to hook up and test fire the truck. heck i just ordered the radiator today . still got to gap all body panels and tear down for paint.

Quick Reply: 2003 truck 5.3 alt wire pinout info