Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pontiac Ventura LS1 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm actually in Austin, TX but I bought this car in Oklahoma City. I agree, the petina does look nice on this car.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice work vdiaz. I also notched my subframe on both sides for low mount accessories. I had a very hard time finding any prior examples before I did it. I hate to be critical, but I'm worried about the hole you left on the passenger side of the frame shown in this photo. Think about the weight of the engine and what it's going to do as it torques over. I would keep a close eye on that when you get it on the road. I am already worried about mine and it's fully boxed. Here are some photos: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3

Have you mocked up your sway bar yet? You may have interference with your a/c compressor. I was able to space mine down 1/2" to get enough clearance, but there's not a lot of room. Really look forward to seeing this come together. I LOVE Venturas.

Last edited by -TheBandit-; 09-22-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Take my word for it, patina can be quite entertaining.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Teching In

Default 71 Ventura

I picked up a 71 Ventura this past summer with only 45,000 orig miles on it ! It has a straight 6 and a powerglide. It also has the orig paint and patina. I plan on leaving the body and paint the way it is. The only thing I did was wheel out the paint and wax it to kind of seal up the patina. I have had the seats recovered. I refinished the trunk and painted the undercarriage. I just picked up a 2000 5.3 LM7 to do a swap with a t-400 and 4500 stall plus a 8.5 10 bolt w/4.56 gears. I'm planning on doing the carb conversion as well. It's going to be a sleeper with the exception of the weld wheels. Can't wait to get it on the road and surprise a few people. Good luck with your build. I will be following your progress.
Attached Thumbnails Pontiac Ventura LS1 Build-cimg9810.jpg   Pontiac Ventura LS1 Build-cimg9925.jpg   Pontiac Ventura LS1 Build-cimg9930.jpg   Pontiac Ventura LS1 Build-cimg9813.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
Nice work vdiaz. I also notched my subframe on both sides for low mount accessories. I had a very hard time finding any prior examples before I did it. I hate to be critical, but I'm worried about the hole you left on the passenger side of the frame shown in this photo. Think about the weight of the engine and what it's going to do as it torques over. I would keep a close eye on that when you get it on the road. I am already worried about mine and it's fully boxed. Here are some photos: photo 1, photo 2, photo 3

Have you mocked up your sway bar yet? You may have interference with your a/c compressor. I was able to space mine down 1/2" to get enough clearance, but there's not a lot of room. Really look forward to seeing this come together. I LOVE Venturas.
I know what you mean but I thought long and hard about the notch. You cant tell in the picture but I did reinforce the inside of the frame where I notched it out. Mine isnt as pretty as yours but I think it will work. I will defenitly keep an eye on it to see if anything changes. I have not mocked the sway bar yet but I'll have my fingers crossed.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ktmracing16
I picked up a 71 Ventura this past summer with only 45,000 orig miles on it ! It has a straight 6 and a powerglide. It also has the orig paint and patina. I plan on leaving the body and paint the way it is. The only thing I did was wheel out the paint and wax it to kind of seal up the patina. I have had the seats recovered. I refinished the trunk and painted the undercarriage. I just picked up a 2000 5.3 LM7 to do a swap with a t-400 and 4500 stall plus a 8.5 10 bolt w/4.56 gears. I'm planning on doing the carb conversion as well. It's going to be a sleeper with the exception of the weld wheels. Can't wait to get it on the road and surprise a few people. Good luck with your build. I will be following your progress.
thats gonna be very nice. I took the 6cylinder out of my ventura and stuck it my 63 wagon. Mine had 70K miles on it.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Subscribed.

Any recent news for your build?
Old 05-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Been a long slow road. Slowly buying parts as I could afford them. Finally got it on the road and what a blast to drive. I ended up selling the 5.3 ls and bought a 2000 5.7 all aluminum LS motor out of a Camaro SS. I went with a carb set up and it works great. Stainless shorty e-bay headers {$167}fit awesome with a lil trimming of the trans ears. Im running 3" exhaust with 2 chamber Thrush mufflers from Autozone {$30 ea !!!}with turndowns. Sounds awesome. Im running the stock powerglide and rearend for now. Soon to be a 8.5 10 bolt 4.56 Auburn posi with multi-leafs. The car pulls hard right now but I cant wait for the new posi set up. I will keep you posted as I go. Thx to all my friends for helping and keeping me focused.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Default Ventura LS1

I have the 4.56 posi rear end installed now with new multi-leaf springs, shocks, shock mounts and traction bars. Also installed frame ties that were def needed !!! lol. Trans w/4500 stall is next !!!!! Pulls real hard !!! It's a blast to drive. Only gonna get better ! Keep ya posted.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Teching In

I have installed a built turbo 350 trans with a 4000 stall conv. The car is an absolute blast to drive. It launches very hard and pulls awesome ! I have also painted the car.

Quick Reply: Pontiac Ventura LS1 Build