Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy- LY5 + 4l60e ?'s and power upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy- LY5 + 4l60e ?'s and power upgrades.

New guy here, no luck on responses with my last thread!

I have a Ly5 and rebuilt 4l60E on hold with Spalding Auto. For those not familiar they sell take out motors. This particular one had only 27,000 miles on it and the 4l60e is rebuilt by them. I went this route for the warranty and they do all the ecu tcu tuning, and harness, delete vats security feats ect. So when it arrives it is ready to drop in and fire. Since i am not very familiar with rebuilding these like most of you i chose this route.

Truck is a 66 c-10 LWB SBW.

I need help identifying all the other parts i will need to drop this motor in. I already have the motor mounts, transmission crossmember.

Can you all please help to steer me in the direction of what else I will need, what kind of shifter cable will work. I know I have seen a few use lokar. anything else ??

I went with this motor for the AFM (active fuel management) but would be interested in a possible CAM swap and bolts on (new intake mani if it helps with the cam) anyone have documented or dyno runs with these improvements or any suggestions on CAM and mani??

Thanks in advance fellas. Here are a few pics of the frame I have been building it will be a rolling chassis tonight once I mount the bags and shocks and mount the wheels. For those of you not familiar with porterbuilt check them out.. Truck will lay frame on 23" and am building to be a daily driver when wanted hints the modern motor.

Look forward to hearing back from you
Attached Thumbnails New guy- LY5 + 4l60e ?'s and power upgrades.-th.jpg   New guy- LY5 + 4l60e ?'s and power upgrades.-w.jpg  

Quick Reply: New guy- LY5 + 4l60e ?'s and power upgrades.