Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 1992 TYPHOON project

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
don't worry about the pcm , when the time comes to start it , just tell me and i'll take care of it

did you look into the aeromotive 340 pump?
seems like its perfect for what i need .. because i plan on adding a power adder anytime soon ... one problem though ..the input for the fuel pump harness seems like its not going to fit.. not sure though... when i get home i will post some pics of it... thanks alot for the info though
Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Mike Lee from Race Proven Motors builds Syclone and Typhoon's and has jigs for 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 Headers for AWD Trucks.

He built a set that will be going into LS7 AWD Syclone

http://www.sytyperformance.com/sytyhome.php

RAlph
Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Teching In

UPDATE !!

POWERTRAIN-

the sanderson headers had arrived and they seemed great !! the finishing was not bad,

driver side-

passenger side

the design wasnt what i expected, the driver side header hugs the block rather than to wrap around the steering stem ,

the passenger side also was a perfect fit,

i plan to use the stock exhaust and muffler and just use a cutout..

another reason why im using the stock exhaust is because i need to have the exhaust routing right so the 4wd system will fit ...
i bought the front axle from the same year 4 door jimmy 4wd
the good thing is i can engage and disengage it jut by pulling a lever ..instead of an all time awd i could use only 2wd too....
it needs a rebuild though ...
heresa pic, the pipe over it is a piece of my exhaust

another thing that arrived is my ls1 to 700r4 transmition adapter :

which is also not installed yet due to my lazy *** so i still dont know how it going to be....

now for the fuel tank

removing it-

then i opened it to check the fuel pump ..... then that smell of old racing fuel just burnt through my nose... anyways i checked the fuel pump and it was really dried out..

i found alot of good replacement pumps one good one was the aeromotive 340 fuel pump it has a fuel pressure of 70 psi alot of extra pressure for power adders....

Last edited by AlhozamiAutoali; 10-17-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Teching In

now i am in the phase of restoring the front suspension ....
the paint of the control arms had gone and i want to know a way to paint it in the best way .... i heard brake caliper paint sticks good... any suggestions??
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM
Teching In

just felt like posing this photo, just so you guys have an idea where i work

Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 AM
8 Second Club

definatly go with the 340 pump . its more than you need for now but great later down the road when you want to add some horsepower .

and do yourself a favor and try to spend a day just cleaning stuff like the diff and the tank and under carriage . you'll be surprised what a wet rag, dish washing soap , and some elbow grease will do .

you can then shoot the stuff you cleaned with a coat of paint from a spray can - no need to get fancy since this stuff wil not be seen , so the paint is mainly for protection .
Old 10-20-2012, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

can we hurry this up? lol
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1dirtyZ
definatly go with the 340 pump . its more than you need for now but great later down the road when you want to add some horsepower .

and do yourself a favor and try to spend a day just cleaning stuff like the diff and the tank and under carriage . you'll be surprised what a wet rag, dish washing soap , and some elbow grease will do .

you can then shoot the stuff you cleaned with a coat of paint from a spray can - no need to get fancy since this stuff wil not be seen , so the paint is mainly for protection .

its seems like i will go with the 340 pump,
Old 10-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by christiandoy
can we hurry this up? lol
come over and give me a hand
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 AM
8 Second Club

loool, the weather is getting better now and its actually really pleasant in the evening, you'll find yourself working more on the truck now
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

Updates
Old 03-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Damn its been a long time!!

so after half a year of losing my mind i finally found all the pieces and started to put my dry brain back together..

i did some work on the project but sadly had no mood to document it at that time.. but starting from today the thread will be active again..

here's what i did through all this time,

-i cleaned up the fuel tank and installed a new efi pump and put it back in the truck

-the front a arm bushings were replaced, which took most of my time to find and install

-removed the dashboard and interior wiring, due to the whole wiring system being hacked up before im now in the process of srting all the wires out, and if that doesnt work out, i will make my own harness,

-since the padding on the dash is dried up and cracked and i will no longer used most of the features installed on it like speakers,radio,ac,switches etc i removed all the padding and im covering it with sheet aluminum,
a basic switch panel will be installed and fuse and relay systems will be made by me
stock guages will be replaced by an autometer rpm guage with shift light and a summit digital guage panel,

-mechanical wise the transmission adaptor is already installed with the driveshaft in place

-i bought an aeromotive efi regulator and i will install it soon

hope to post pics and stay active on the site as much as i can ..
Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 AM
Launching!

I know this is a old revival, but any updates?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I sure hope so....
Old 03-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Teching In

due to my last year in high school has started prior to almost finishing this project, i had no time to work nor had the money to spend, thankfully i have now finished highschool and have enough funding to finish this project once and for all,

last things i have done to the car:
-solved the fueling system, new high pressure pump, steel braided lines, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator to the fuel rail,

-The electronics was a big birds nest of hell that i really was uncomfortable with, took the whole dashboard out, remade the dashboard and made my own wiring system from scratch complete with fuses and switches, the computer was programmed and speed density tuned,

-i installed the front clip and it finally looked like a car again.

-the brake lines were cut and f*cked up so i remade it with new lines and installed a line lock system just because it seemed like a good idea to have one installed while doing the brake lines,

-installed the starter and wired it up, also installed the headers and relocated the last ignition coil on the driver side to clear the brake booster

-installed some crap wire harness that i probably would be removing soon.. the reason awaits.

So the car i due to be back at my garage tommorow afternoon and heres the steps i have yet to finish.

-due to the brand new h3 oil pan i installed having a broken thread for the oil filter fitting,im sick of dealing withand will go ahead ordering the moroso swap ls1 oil pan http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mil-31083 for my setup

-i then plan to order a stand alone wiring harness from psi conversions http://secure.ultracart.com/catalog/PSI/HAR-1012.html and wire it up

-after that i could then fill my motor with oil and finally try to crank it

-if it cranks and runs, ill be sure to install the radiator right after

-i would then have to find a solution to top mount the alternator and planning on this http://www.speedwaymotors.com/F-Body...ket,42493.html then im done with electronics

my objective in this step is to finally run the motor, take it for a spin and have some fun, then will start to go to work for the awd system.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Launching!

You plan on using that wirig harness from PSI? I thought you were using a 700r4 transmission. Or did I miss something.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
You plan on using that wirig harness from PSI? I thought you were using a 700r4 transmission. Or did I miss something.
your correct i am still gonna to use the 700r4.. i know the harness is specifically made for the 4l60e and 4l80e trans correct me if im wrong, it would work out with the psi harness?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Any updates?
Old 03-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BullyDawg
Any updates?
I don't know if he's going to ever get that done. But here is video of my Typhoon Ls swap:

Quick Reply: LS1 1992 TYPHOON project