Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So why did you put and LSX in your mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Do people ever swap Ford motors into their GM cars? I'm sure it's been done, but I've never heard of a 5.0 or the 4.6 being swapped into a Camaro/Firebird.
Only engine I'd want to swap would be a V10 from a Gallardo or the V12 from the SL65 AMG.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LS is a good, proven platform for 1/2 ton trucks to HD trucks to sports cars...Shows how versitile these engines are...I was considering a Coyote swap in my fox, buuuut didn't have the 20k laying around to do it right...I'm looking for a solid, dependable daily driver that gets good gas mileage and has a few horses....I also go to cruise-in's/car shows...It's nice to get a few looks too...My engine is all finished...Waiting to get started on the whole swap...I'm VERY excited!...I'm pretty sure I have all of my ducks in a row...We'll see...
Old 10-19-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine because at the time it was the first LS swapped fox in my city, there's been some others built since. Plus the LS motor was something I hadn't done much with at that point, but looking back I probably wouldn't do it again. The Windsor that I sold to do the swap had more potential than the current LS motor, hands down.
I'm honestly kind of bored with it now that evvveryone around here is trying to put the same combo together. I'll probably part it out and start over with a new idea eventually, probably a carbed coyote setup.

Quick Reply: So why did you put and LSX in your mustang?