Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electromotive Tec 2 and LS1 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electromotive Tec 2 and LS1 HELP

Has anyone ever used this ignition setup on an LS1 and if so, how did you hook up the knock sensors and twin O2 sensors. Also, does the stock pickup wheel inside the block work or do you have to install another on the front of the motor?
Old 04-12-2004, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by m66LS1
Has anyone ever used this ignition setup on an LS1 and if so, how did you hook up the knock sensors and twin O2 sensors. Also, does the stock pickup wheel inside the block work or do you have to install another on the front of the motor?

I will be running a tecIII on my ls1. I don't believe you can use the stock pickup wheel for the crank signal, you may be able to use the stock cam signal for a full seq set up. I would contact electromotive to make sure.

I had to have a bracket made up to mount the trigger wheel to the stock pully. You also have to get the stock pully keyed and the crank pined to keep the pully from slipping.

Larger image

Larger image

Larger image

mark
Old 04-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Default Electromotive

I like the way you mated that to your balancer, much better than trying to center the wheel. I didn't know the cranks were not keyed , thanks for the heads up. I called Electromotive a couple months back and asked if they made a harness and had any advice on the LS1/6 setup. They were CLUELESS and told me that other people on the net made stuff like that but not them. I think I can run one knock sensor, which would be fine and I will do the same with the o2 sensor. How do you pick up a cam signal for the full sequential setup ie where on the motor or what kind of sensor do I need to do that? Thanks, Matt

Originally Posted by mkoch1
I will be running a tecIII on my ls1. I don't believe you can use the stock pickup wheel for the crank signal, you may be able to use the stock cam signal for a full seq set up. I would contact electromotive to make sure.

I had to have a bracket made up to mount the trigger wheel to the stock pully. You also have to get the stock pully keyed and the crank pined to keep the pully from slipping.

Larger image

Larger image

Larger image

mark
Old 11-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Teching In

bump for more info from people with a tec 2 .....where and which stock sensors did you use
Old 11-28-2005, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

I am using the stock gm

IAC - located on the throttel body
TPS - located on the throttel body
water temp - located on the drivers side of the head
I did hook up one of the stock knock sensors but the tuner didn't use it so I don't know if the tec can read the signal or not. I have a wide band, plenty of fuel + meth so I am not worried.

Not 100% but I think I got the plug ends from Speartech.

I am using the following electromtive supplied sensors
3 bar map sensor
air intake temp sensor
crank trigger sensor

For the crank trigger wheel I had a bracket made to hold it. See above pictures. For the cranks sensor I built a bracket that attaches to the bracket I made to hold the alternator.

I run a phased sequential set up so I didn't bother hooking into the cam sensor. The tec unit may be able to read the stock gm cam sensor. I would ask electromotive about that. If you find out let me know maybe I'll switch to full sequentail.

mark

Quick Reply: Electromotive Tec 2 and LS1 HELP