Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info on fox body swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lane, that car looks GREAT in Hugger Orange, and the install so far looks clean clean clean !! I'd love to see more of your swap, and hear more of your details. Which K-member did you use? Did you have to cut/weld the oil pan for clearance? Which headers are those?

I just started putting crap on my site, and will start snapping photos like crazy starting (hopefully) this weekend when (if time permits) the motor comes out.
http://www.ls1mustang.com
Old 06-15-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Brains
Lane, that car looks GREAT in Hugger Orange, and the install so far looks clean clean clean !! I'd love to see more of your swap, and hear more of your details. Which K-member did you use? Did you have to cut/weld the oil pan for clearance? Which headers are those?

I just started putting crap on my site, and will start snapping photos like crazy starting (hopefully) this weekend when (if time permits) the motor comes out.
http://www.ls1mustang.com
Thanks!

Use a '96 and up 4.6 K-member and the oil pan will not be an issue. I used the QA1 and it made making headers fairly easy as well. We used Mac 351W LT's and re-routed a couple of primaries and welded them to LS1 flanges that were made for us.

The motor mounts were a challenge - most likely do to the repair the car has had done in a previous wreck(s).

My email is lane@laneswheels.com or IM me at LanesPerformance if you or anyone else might need some help.

We're working on a '66 Nova LS1 swap for a customer at the moment too.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Drag the links to your address box and you will be able to see the pics.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

nice color
Old 06-18-2004, 02:50 PM
Launching!

it says, "no matches found"
Old 06-18-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vettewreck
it says, "no matches found"
If you click on the pic addy and drag it up to your address box, you will be able to see them. Then just hit back to drag the next one up.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lane
Here's a couple of pics. Oh, and it's Hugger Orange. Although it shows stock fuel rails - it's got a complete Aeromotive system including sumped tank, rails, reg, etc.. A custom gauge setup with AM Ultralights.

It should fly.
VERY VERY cool!!!

It would be great if someone made a conversion kit for the Fox body (headers, motor mounts, brackets, etc). As others have said, the Fox body already weighs very little, is easy to come by and has millions of options for suspension, brakes, etc. Combine that with the LS1 and it's one heckuva package!

Quick Reply: Need info on fox body swap