Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PROJECT MARCEL..finallly begins! '88 RCSB LQ4/LS3 t56 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that I finally completed school (WooHoo in Homer's voice) I can and am spending the time at the shop now to complete this truck, hopefully for July 1st.

I have decided to sell my longtubes they are in the parts section if your interested. Although with the brackets I made I got them to fit, they require the block a little further back then I would like, so I am going to use my shorties that I have.

I have notched the A/C blower box to clear the passenger side head, just need to glass the curve and I'll be set for that. I mocked up my 6L valve covers and coil packs, and cleared my 10" booster with lots of room, but I will switch to a 7" booster and no go to hydraboost like I thought I would have to save me time and hassle.

I picked up some hardware and tubing today so I am going to build my transmission xmember tn/tm and get my front suspension and steering in. Our club ran our yearly swap meat on the weekend and I got a nice set of billet 1/2" wheel spacers for the back, just need to get some longer studs and I'll have this thing sitting on all 4 by the end of the week if I can find them local. I think theres enough threads with stock ones to just have a roller but I smashed the **** out of them when I was redrilling the pattern. I may have messed up redrilling the passenger side axle pattern and might have to go to the wreckers for a new one, since the studs dont line up very well. We'll see.

I got some pics on my phone of the notch I added beside the driver side engine mount to clear the shorty better, and took a corner off the lower control arm mount just to give me lots of room. I'll get them up either today or tomorrow. With these headers and mounts I can get easily get at all my bellhousing bolts if I need to down the road so I dont have to pull the engine out. I also get to keep my A/C!

I'm going to get some mandrel bends made up this week so I can pipe down to my H-pipe kit from jegs, and get my exhaust done by the weekend. Then I need to borrow a set of hose cutters for the stainless braided line and I should have my fuel/brake lines in shortly.

Biggest thing I need to come up with is a roll bar behind the seats that only comes up to just below the blazer seat headrest that will go through the floor and mount to the frame. I am going to run 5 point racing harness seat belts in it (I just love the look of them)
Old 05-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can see where my shorties on the driver side hit the frame, I notched it out, ill get pictures of the work I thought I had taken them on my phone but I guess not. Just need to make some brackets to hold the calipers to the blazer spindle (i got the pdf someone made to help me out)

I will run a 7" booster I think, but the 10" clears with an inch or so

Trans tunnel clearance, fit my hand just about everywhere.

Quite the angle to get out lol could have rigged it better but with it up so high on the frame stands this was a ***** by myself...

stock steering shaft clears way better then the jeep one I got from someone here, so ill be reselling that if anyone needs it, its intended for sec gen swaps I didnt read to well.

A/C notch that I need to glass.

Said header issue that I notched out, ill get the notch pics up later

box of bolts, trying to figure out whats what. I got oil pan bolts/windagetray nuts with the h3 so I dont need the ones shown here. I'm assuming the big as line of same bolts is for most the covers. I'll try measuring these to see what the rest are, should have taken the block apart myself and labelled it in bags.....next time i swear

front suspension in & c5 z06 brakes, just need the bracket and im set.

Quick Reply: PROJECT MARCEL..finallly begins! '88 RCSB LQ4/LS3 t56 swap