Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st gen camaro ls1 twin screw fitment

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st gen camaro ls1 twin screw fitment

I have done a bunch of searching about fitting a twin screw charger under the hood of my ls camaro. I have seen pictures of some under the stock cowl hood, but the question is which models of chargers will fit if i want to retain the stock cowl hood? Any knowledge would be appreciated.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Teching In

or if anybody has the measurement from the top of an ls block to the bottom of the hood that would help me out a lot
Old 09-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Launching!

It depends what swap plates are used.like mine I have 67 Camaro with edelbrock plates ,vic jr intake, 2in spacer and accufab Tb.i still have 2.5 - 3inch between Tb and my ss hood.since you have a cowl hood it should fit if you get the right swap plates.I would get some adjustable or 1 inch set back and as low as you can
Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Teching In

If i go with those plates to lower the engine wont that cause problems with my headers dragging? I guess if that was the case i could go with mid lengths. How tall is your setup overall from the top of the block? I know the vic jr is a tall manifold but not sure of the exact height.

Quick Reply: 1st gen camaro ls1 twin screw fitment