Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget 1st gen camaro swap info 1969

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the Fbody pan fit with the 1in setback plates without any problems..? I'm just trying to get a clear answer as I need an oil pan...the Ctsv pan looks like it fits pretty good, but I see ya also did custom mounts, I wonder how it would fit with some Dirty Dingo 1in set back plates....? I'll be following your build it's giving me motovation. sorry to hear about your buddy.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Scott I think your right, I can hold off on this as I'm sure ill get tired of the vibration over time. I'll pm you also so we don't have a long strung out conversation on this build link. I'll then post up our talk or just what needs to be known for all in their swap. One thing though is that plate looks similar to the plate I have in the pic. It wouldn't let a motor mount go over the frame mount as the drilled holes in the engine plate put it too far Back. I need a plate to where the holes are further forward unless something is wrong or my frame mounts are backwards. If i flip my frame mounts, they will be forward. the mounts have a lip, does that lip hang or does that lip,sit on the frame? Any idea if maybe they are? I'm gonna take a pic and measure the thickness of the mounts, be right back.....

Name:  20121109_151101.jpg
Views: 6582
Size:  625.5 KB

With this pic, maybe the engine just needs to be moved back. It needs about 3/4" to set into place and I have about an 1-1/2" to the pass head to firewall clearance. Maybe I was looking at it wrong. Also the frame mounts are 2-3/4" wide and 2-3/4" tall. What do you think Scott?

Pairof69s, from what I read the fbody pan doesn't fit without being notched. i have an fbody pan and was gonna try it, but with all the NOs it wont fit, i didnt even bother to check it out for myself. The ctsv pan is only $200 but it includes everything for an oil pan convert.
Attached Thumbnails Budget 1st gen camaro swap info 1969-image.jpg  

Last edited by LS1 pwrd NOVA; 11-09-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok I bought a set of factory engine mounts from my parts store. $10 a piece. Lets see if this will work before I buy poly mounts. I can return these mounts. They look like the one in the post above in the attachment
Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW.... You got a lot of great deals on engine/tranny combos. I havent been able to have same success. Most yards out here are looking for $800+ for low mileage 5.3's and 1k+ for low mileage 6.0's both without tranny.

I will keep an eye on this build.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Those should be fine for daily driver with stock motor. Keep the updates coming..
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS69LS1
Those should be fine for daily driver with stock motor. Keep the updates coming..
Thanks again Scott for this info on these mounts. I was going budget as in no money spent unless had to, but for $20, you can't beat this to have a smoother driving car and especially for a stock engine. I was so hard headed on solid for free, I spent so much time mocking up when a 30 minute trip n $20 later I'd be onto something else. Lesson learned again..... I'm sure more to learn on this build.

Spec134.... A lot of times it's just luck. I don't go to salvaged yards unless I need a little part. An engine setup is either Craigslist or auctions. Sometimes a complete vehicle is the better way to go. Salvaged yards are a crap shoot. I would go to a local auto auction n meet any salvaged dealer license guy to help get a good deal.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update just been messing with the fbody pan n plates to see if I can get the fbody pan to fit as it doesn't hang below the crossmember. I started another thread on it but incase here it is.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-both-fit.html

If I'm not liking the fbody pan fitment with the center link n firewall I'm using the ctsv pan n going forward on this build. Hope some or any of this info helps in anyone's current or future build.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what header/manifold setup are going with
Old 03-24-2017, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly I never finished my swap. I've been work8ng on other stuff and been lazy...
but the ultimate goal is a single smaller turbo. So I don't want to spend money on headers or exhaust as it will just be a waste of my time and money

Quick Reply: Budget 1st gen camaro swap info 1969