Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Affordable cars for an LSx swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If noob buy a fourth gen and be done...anything else will call for at least some kind of fab or modification which translates to more $...you can get 4th gen for 4-6k in good shape...people will want 2k or more for an LS dropout...
Old 11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcamaro
If noob buy a fourth gen and be done...anything else will call for at least some kind of fab or modification which translates to more $...you can get 4th gen for 4-6k in good shape...people will want 2k or more for an LS dropout...
If you do go towards a 4th gen, just get one with an ls engine already installed.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive always wanted to do a turbo 5.3 s10. But im not sure if i could pull off a sleeper with a cage sticking out the back window and a fuel cell in the bed. I guess you could leave a cap/camper shell on the back and 235 drag radials on stock wheels
Old 11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm...
4th gen + cheap + LS1 + good condition

Finding that combination is a tall order. I'm not saying they aren't out there. They just won't be cheap. If operating on a budget, and you must have an LSx, I'd look at one of the other not-so-in-demand factory LSx vehicles first. You'll probably have better luck scoring a truck or SUV cheap, without also having to fix a bunch of stuff right away. Enjoy it for a while, then start planning your build as budget becomes available.

Of course, this depends on priorities: drag racing, handling, girls, low cost, etc.

Quick Reply: Affordable cars for an LSx swap?