Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LQ4 S4xx 86 Mustang build

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gonemad347
glad to see your build on here Aaron! I almost feel like im "cheating" talking to you in here lol. I cant wait to start on my buick. Im pretty close to pulling the trigger on a LQ4 i found, hopefully pick it up early next week and then the fun begins.

I need to get down there and check out everything sooner than later, need to see this stuff in person so i can wrap my brain around it better. Keep up the AWESOME work and I'm so pumped to see ya out racing this year!
Thanks Mike! I won't tell anyone you're on here

Glad I have great friends out there to help keep me motivated on getting back in the game.

Originally Posted by dville_gt
Thanks, can't wait to see videos of yours out making passes!
That makes 2 of us brotha, I haven't made a pass since 2010 so this thing may just scare me back into retirement
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great build! Can you post pics of your alt bracket?? I'm building a LS Mustang myself.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TDMKR496
Great build! Can you post pics of your alt bracket?? I'm building a LS Mustang myself.
Not sure if he's keeping this setup or changing it slightly. It's still in mockup stage at this point of the build...

Old 04-10-2013, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Have not updated in quite a while....

Alternator bracket is complete, I took the hotside + manifolds to New Image in Youngstown Ohio for ceramic coating. Jim is highly regarded in the car circle as the best in our area for coatings. Bill @ BP-Automotive http://www.bp-automotive.com/ is finishing up the new wiring harness - we've decided to go with the LS3 slot style MAF.

I've been gathering the rest of the fittings and hoses to complete the fuel system.

Here's the latest pic I have, taken a few weeks back. I should have more today when I go back up there.

Quick Reply: My LQ4 S4xx 86 Mustang build