Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

poormans ls mustang swap mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good general info before the diy motormount install... Il try to find more as time comes. Even tho they are full of crap about the 3 degree up pinion angle..

http://www.how-to-build-hotrods.com/engine-swap.html

Last edited by rsteele; 12-31-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: extra info..
Old 12-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 87lsttop
I just got done building a set of motor mounts on mine. I was using a stock 5.0upr k member. I checked all the angles as. I fanned them up. I have 3/4 inch between the oil pan and the steering rack and the true k oil pan hangs below the k member 1 1/2. I still have 5 inches of ground clearance I also fanned up the fox on3 Turbo kit to make it work on the ls motor and place it where I wanted it in the engine bay.
I also used the stock k member and truck pan. It also sits a lil below the kmember,still had more ground clearance then my fbodys
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Teching In

RedTa what did you use for hedders? I did have a set of edelbrock shorty truckheaders I scored for 40 bucks cheap at superchevy this past summer. Bought some ls6 or ls2 GTO manifolds as well just cause they were cheap too. Then decided long tubes was the best deal just didn't want to pay ungodly amounts for krooks . So I figured ill hack up a set.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

I was very meticulous about the measurements and angles when I built my mounts. I think after all was said and done the motor was perfectly centered left and right and I ended up having 1 degree of offset between the back of the Trans shaft and the rear pinion with the suspension fully loaded
Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by rsteele
RedTa what did you use for hedders? I did have a set of edelbrock shorty truckheaders I scored for 40 bucks cheap at superchevy this past summer. Bought some ls6 or ls2 GTO manifolds as well just cause they were cheap too. Then decided long tubes was the best deal just didn't want to pay ungodly amounts for krooks . So I figured ill hack up a set.
I'm doin a turbo build. So using the stock truck manifolds flipped
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I did my mounts in my 89 notch. about the same except I used the stock K-member. I now am in the process of mocking up my headers from scrach.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Anyone of you guys that mocked up your own mounts have any measurements or specs for the mounts you made? A cad drawing would be awesome.

Quick Reply: poormans ls mustang swap mounts