Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 With Etc Won't Run After 1st Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ls1 With Etc Won't Run After 1st Start

I Have A Unique Problem. I Am Running A Camaro Ls1 With Electronic Throttle Control. I Have Had A Harness Built With These Specs And Have Had My Computer Programmed Likewise. The Problem I Have Is, That It Starts And Works Fine The First Time Each Day And Will Run Forever If You Don't Shut It Off. If You Do, It Will Start, But Not Run. This Last For Hours And Seems To Take Until The Next Day Before It Will Start And Run Again. I Have Sent My Computer Back And Had The Vats Checked And I Am Told That All Is Good.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Any Suggestions?
Old 04-16-2004, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Can you be a little more specific when you say, "It will start, but not run"?? What exactly does it do??

Who built the harness for you?
Are you using the correct TAC module for your year PCM??
Is your PCM or TAC module located close to headers or other components that will get hot?

It's hard to get a good line on troubleshooting when we don't know exactly what the car is doing... it could be something completely unrelated to the ETC, but we need a little more to go on.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

When you say that it runs for ever until you turn it off and then it wont start is this only after reaching operating temperatures? Do you know if it is getting fuel after you shut it off and try starting it agian? Have you tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it to see what happens?
Old 04-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by grooves12
Can you be a little more specific when you say, "It will start, but not run"?? What exactly does it do??

Who built the harness for you?
Are you using the correct TAC module for your year PCM??
Is your PCM or TAC module located close to headers or other components that will get hot?

It's hard to get a good line on troubleshooting when we don't know exactly what the car is doing... it could be something completely unrelated to the ETC, but we need a little more to go on.

What I mean by start but won't run is that sometimes it will run for about 3 or 4 seconds and the accel. will even work, but then it dies. At other times it just starts normally for about a second then dies.

The harness was built by S&P and they also programmed the computer which is a 12200411. I have ordered a new TAC module, just in case it is the problem.

The PCM and TAC are both located inside the car so heat is not an issue.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jlm44
When you say that it runs for ever until you turn it off and then it wont start is this only after reaching operating temperatures? Do you know if it is getting fuel after you shut it off and try starting it agian? Have you tried disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it to see what happens?
It doesn't have to reach operating temperature for this to happen.
The fuel pressure is still good when it shuts off.
Yes, I have disconnected the battery for an extended period and is of no help.
A have checked the error codes and it is not throwing any.
I have a camaro PCM that came with the motor and when I install it, it starts every time under all conditions. The problem here is that I don't have any accelerator control.
I hope the new TAC module helps the problem, I should know this week when it comes in and my PCM comes back from S&P.
Thank everyone for your help.
jdh
Old 04-19-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dumb question here, but was the computer programed for "fly-by-wire"? (The stock F-body PCM won't know what to do if it wasn't.)
Old 04-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Scooter70
Dumb question here, but was the computer programed for "fly-by-wire"? (The stock F-body PCM won't know what to do if it wasn't.)
Yes, It was programmed for a 1999 corvette fbw with all the extras removed by S&P.

Quick Reply: Ls1 With Etc Won't Run After 1st Start