Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A1000 wiring for fox body mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A1000 wiring for fox body mustang?

I'm looking for wiring info to wire a A1000 in an 88 Mustang (ex 4 banger) In my 91 I ran a 255 intank and cut a wire under the seat and connected that to my stand alone harness fuel pump wire(green wire i believe). Do I extend the red wire from my harness all the way to the (+) on the fuel pump or should I add a relay near the tank? I have a relay/fuse box for the pump already along with fan relays that is mounted near the ECU under the dash Any and all help is appreciated

Matt
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out page 4 of the link. the green wire you speak of is the switch wire. it opens the circuit for priming pulse and while running. then you ground the pump to the chassis and run a good large wire to the relay and then to the battery or something similar. ie: i ran mine to my cut off switch cause it was closer and gave me a direct lead. small wires and poor connections will kill that pump. so take your time and wire it up properly.

if you're going to drive on the street alot, i'd suggest getting a voltage box like mine. the new ones are black and a bit different, but do the same thing. they help keep the pump cooler and in turn, your fuel while just cruising. then it amps up the voltage at your set rpm for full fuel volume.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/...1/10/11101.pdf

Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. Im going to look into a fuel pump controller since my coupe is a street car
Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's easy to hook up. comes with a diagram. just use your stock signal wire to prime and turn the pump on. then a good chassis ground and solid power wire. you can turn it off by putting an additional ground on a switch so it runs full time at the track. you'll see.

mike

Quick Reply: A1000 wiring for fox body mustang?