Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Truck Alternator Location in 69 Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Truck Alternator Location in 69 Camaro?

Anyone running the stock High-mounted alternator from a truck accessory setup in a first gen? I'm pretty sure I've seen pics where it looks to fit, but I'm beginning to wonder. My front sheet metal isn't installed, but I mounted the core support today, and if I run a straight line from the firewall to the top of the core support, the alternator is about 1" above that line. I'm thinking with a cowl hood it'll work, but just looking for others who have fit it already.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's a truck alternator on a 67. I can't say for sure if the stock hood would fit but I can say that the 2" Cowl hood will clear. Had to modify the hood inner to deal with the blower pulley but the Alternator had plenty of clearance.
Attached Thumbnails Stock Truck Alternator Location in 69 Camaro?-camaro-alt.jpg  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Using the straight edge or line is tricky because the hood has a natural arc to it both fore/aft and side to side. FWIW, when we used the straight edge on this project we made the assumption of needing a 4" Cowl Hood when in fact because of the arcs a 2" worked out.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Stock Truck Alternator Location in 69 Camaro?