Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

71 chevelle...lq4/4l80 swap..motor mounts??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 71 chevelle...lq4/4l80 swap..motor mounts??

In the process of swaping my 71 chevelle with a lq4/4l80e, I am using holleys swap pan, but i need to know which motor mounts to use, I have a buddy at holley that used the stock location swap mounts from holley with a lq4/4l60 and trans had no clearance issues, but at first he had a 4l80 attached to it and would not fit because of tran tunnel clearance. I have read on some forms that the 4l80 will clear with the the relocation mounts that set the engine forward an inch or two. If anyone has any info that could help out it would really be helpful. I want to stay with the 4l80. Thanks!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard many have had success with using the mounts that set the engine about an inch forward. I've also heard of many not having any problems using the stock location but having to use a big F**k hammer to get it to fit. The one thing I will say is to stay with the same brand. If your going to use the holley pan make sure to get the holley mounts as well. I personally decided to use the dirty dingo sliders that way I could adjust.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

+1on the bfh
Old 02-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spec134
I've heard many have had success with using the mounts that set the engine about an inch forward. I've also heard of many not having any problems using the stock location but having to use a big F**k hammer to get it to fit. The one thing I will say is to stay with the same brand. If your going to use the holley pan make sure to get the holley mounts as well. I personally decided to use the dirty dingo sliders that way I could adjust.
thanks for the help im going to get the mounts that set an inch forward just be on the safe side.

Quick Reply: 71 chevelle...lq4/4l80 swap..motor mounts??