Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need some advice with my lh6

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up i need some advice with my lh6

Alright guys I need some help with this engine swap. I have a 08 lh6 with 32k miles going in a 54 Chevy sedan and just was told that the engine and trans wouldn't work together. That's my fault I didn't do my research good enough and since my engine is a 58x reluctor and the trans is a 02 4l60e 24x reluctor so it won't work. So instead of spending a whole lot of money that I don't really have. Wanting to see if you guys out there can help me with this. I wanting to put a carb on this engine and a 700r4 trans. The question is, will this work and will I have to get rid of the afm lifters. Please help me out with this.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cheapest method to work through this would probably be to purchase The Lingenfelter TRG-002. It costs under $300 and you can run the engine with a 24x pcm and control the transmission also.

We can get you a price for a 24x system that will control your entire setup and you will get to keep fuel injection without having to purchase a carb or a 700r. Unless you have them laying around!

You can also do it the opposite and purchase a transmission controller, but they will be running on separate systems. With the 58x conversion you will be able to run them both on the same system.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 02-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Bp thanks for that. I don't have the intake and carb laying around but I do have a tranny. But what kind of price are we looking at to run the set up I have?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by chato0824
Bp thanks for that. I don't have the intake and carb laying around but I do have a tranny. But what kind of price are we looking at to run the set up I have?
Keep in mind that you will have to go to a DBC throttle body if you are going to use the lingenfelter box unless you want to purchase a pedal and tac module from a 97-04 Corvette. If that is the case I would recommend an aftermarket 90mm throttle body. We have the boxes in stock for $250. Harness is $549, PCM with tune is $200. This is a very common swap when trying to keep the older style 4L60E with your 58x setup.

Something to consider is that if you get a good price on the 700r4 the overall cost may be less to run the engine as intended without the Lingenfelter box. Cost for the harness would be $549, PCM with tune is $200 and you wouldnt have to buy an aftermarket throttle body. Just some things to consider.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Keep in mind that you will have to go to a DBC throttle body if you are going to use the lingenfelter box unless you want to purchase a pedal and tac module from a 97-04 Corvette. If that is the case I would recommend an aftermarket 90mm throttle body. We have the boxes in stock for $250. Harness is $549, PCM with tune is $200. This is a very common swap when trying to keep the older style 4L60E with your 58x setup.

Something to consider is that if you get a good price on the 700r4 the overall cost may be less to run the engine as intended without the Lingenfelter box. Cost for the harness would be $549, PCM with tune is $200 and you wouldnt have to buy an aftermarket throttle body. Just some things to consider.

Jon
PSI
Thanks Jon I spoke to you the other night and I will be in touch with you in the near future. I do have the 700r4 trans and looks like it will be a lot cheaper to run that trans. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: i need some advice with my lh6