Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DLC Connector Connections

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLC Connector Connections

For those of you programming your own computers - Where are you hooking up your Data Line Connector? I have a connector and the schematic appears to show nothing from the connector (in a harness under the dash) to the computer in the engine compartment, other than 12 volts and 2 ground connections (one BLK and one BLK/WHT) and of course the data lines. Is this true? Can I tie the Grounds together? thanks, LM
Old 04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fastlane68
For those of you programming your own computers - Where are you hooking up your Data Line Connector? I have a connector and the schematic appears to show nothing from the connector (in a harness under the dash) to the computer in the engine compartment, other than 12 volts and 2 ground connections (one BLK and one BLK/WHT) and of course the data lines. Is this true? Can I tie the Grounds together? thanks, LM
Thats it. You are not suppossed to tie the grounds together. But, I did. I was having trouble staying connected with my Ease software, so I hooked the grounds up properly PCM ground and Chassis ground and this didn't help. It turned out to be their software, which was fixed with a patch. So, tying the grounds is no problem really. But, noise can cause havoc so better to seperate them.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

I have a dlc connector here without any lead what do I need to buy to make this work? I know I have to buy something, just can't think of the name.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The pins for the connector are MetriPaks, teeny tiny size (don't recall the # offhand) and I got them at the local NAPA.

If you have a friendly service/parts guy at a GM dealer they have them in their kit also.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

anyone got a part number I don't know anyone at the dealership.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

I just walked into NAPA and dug thru their GM connector pin bin until I found the smallest female MetriPak pin, bought four, and was done.

Might be a MetriPak 280 but my memory is foggy and I don't have my notes with me.

It's the smallest MetriPak pin they had in the bin, just take your DLC connector with you if you want to test...there's only one size that will fit in the holes.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crainholio
I just walked into NAPA and dug thru their GM connector pin bin until I found the smallest female MetriPak pin, bought four, and was done.

Might be a MetriPak 280 but my memory is foggy and I don't have my notes with me.

It's the smallest MetriPak pin they had in the bin, just take your DLC connector with you if you want to test...there's only one size that will fit in the holes.

thanks i'll try that
Old 08-04-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any of this help?

Old 08-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to dealer to buy the connector and pins. The parts guy just lookied them up in the computer. Was in and out of there fast.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

I pulled down my Helms, from pg. 8-165 the DLC uses Metri-pack 150 female pins.

Head to NAPA and ask them to pull down their GM terminal kit box thing so you can dig thru it and find four female Metri-pack 150 females.

Quick Reply: DLC Connector Connections