Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Need ideas

I am wanting to build a older car. Nothing rare but something like a 64 Pontiac lemans. I want to put a supercharged ls3 in whatever I build. Basically I want to build a car around an engine and tranny. I was thinking the tremec tr6060 with the edelbrock ls3 crate engine. I want to put it in a big car. Such as a lemans or anything that looks like that sort of style. I want to modernize the suspension or put a late model chassis under it. Not sure what is best to bolt the engine to as far as fit. I'm open to suggestions.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Anybody?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

64 Lemans ?.. its been done before, or many simular projects are already done. try a search. search for the Raybestos GTO. You not asking to do anything that is not out of the norm now a days... Many aftermarket chassis to stick under many full frame cars (GM A-Body) or Subframes ones (F-Body, X-Body).

Suggest you research and read some of the Swap / Project Threads here on LS1Tech and other Forums.. will pertty much outline everything you want.. Check out the FAQ / Sticky in this section.

You can check out my Chevelle and Nova projects by following the link in my Sig.

BC
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Thanks very much!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Take a look at the 65 Lemans being done right now. I have a Magnacharged LQ4 in my 69. A few others have used Magnachargers as well.

Quick Reply: Help: Need ideas