Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 ls6 swap 06 t56 into 91 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 05 ls6 swap 06 t56 into 91 240sx

first help i need is how to make the speedo work? its a digital speedo and the guy that I'm getting it from has a digital dakota unit in it but didnt know how to make it work. so any ideas?

2nd its boiling the power steering fluid in the reservoir with a power steering front cooler mounted in the front bumper?

3rd im goin to be competing in drifting with it. it has a strong motor with 317 heads ported n polished. LS1 intake bored TB and LS1 bored MAF custom grind comp cams with no cats n borla muffler.

4Thly whats the best way to keep this motor cool under high revs etc. racing. car currently has 2 fans pushing air from motor side onto the rad. should it be swapped around to bumper side so it pushes cold air onto the motor? Im also going to run distilled water w water wetter. didnt know what I should do or if you guys have some tricks or parts that help. Thanks

5thly- is a oil cooler needed?

Lastly- anything that I should know bout this engine or look at before i pick this monster up from this guy?

thanks guys
GUR
Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would go to dakota digital's website and find the owners guide.

Never seen PS fluid boil... no help there

Yes, the fans should flow from the outside of the radiator toward the engine.

I would put an oil cooler on it w/ its own fan and thermostat, might be overkill, I don't think so for drifting.

I would check that it doesn't have any signs of overheating considering the fans have been blowing the wrong way. Compression check it, and check the oil and coolant to make sure there's not contamination.

Waterless coolant might be an option worth looking at too.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rotor vs. piston
Would go to dakota digital's website and find the owners guide.

Never seen PS fluid boil... no help there

Yes, the fans should flow from the outside of the radiator toward the engine.

I would put an oil cooler on it w/ its own fan and thermostat, might be overkill, I don't think so for drifting.

I would check that it doesn't have any signs of overheating considering the fans have been blowing the wrong way. Compression check it, and check the oil and coolant to make sure there's not contamination.

Waterless coolant might be an option worth looking at too.
Thanks Ill look into some of these.. what signs do i look for if it has over heated? I asked him and of course he said no.. the temp while idling in driveway was around 190-200 then when fan kicked on it dropped under 190 and stayed there.. So??? yeah im gonna look into oil cooler maybe not a fan but forsure a temp gauge.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Compression testing and checking to make sure there's not oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil will give you any hints it's been over heated.

Are you sure the fans are blowing from the engine side of the radiator out?
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Teching In

i checked dip stick before the engine was started n battery was dead so i know he didnt start engine before n it was very clean good looking oil.. forgot to check RAD... not sure on fans pushing or pulling air.. but i know they r mounted engine side...
evening pushing or pulling air from engine side seems pointless... but i get it for pulling air thru??? ill investigate more next time i look at car.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Teching In

whats easiest way to compression test

Quick Reply: 05 ls6 swap 06 t56 into 91 240sx