Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marine Engine Development

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyMan1989
i work for a nautique dealership in nj. they have been Pleasurecraft marine has been putting lsx's in nautiques since the mid 2000's. started with lq4's at 375 horse from the factory. now they currently have 2 6.0 liters and a 6.2 supercharged rated at 550 hp. same supercharger set up thats on the lsa. a lot of the parts i have been getting for my lq4 chevelle i have been buying marine products from pcm. they have a pretty awesome closed cooled header set up on their "xs 550" you should check out.
I am sure we have crossed paths at either AC or NYC boat shows where your a Nautique guy and i sold Malibus - I bet your up to your eyeballs right now lol
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread guys. I was on the fence when it came time to repower my Supra. The cost of swapping to an LS platform, led me to just rebuild the SBC. When you through in expensive water jacketed exhaust for an LS1 on top of adding a closed cooling system and EFI, I just coldn't justify the expense. I'm a do it yourself guy mind you, not someone who can drop 10-15K to repower my boat.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by murphinator
I am sure we have crossed paths at either AC or NYC boat shows where your a Nautique guy and i sold Malibus - I bet your up to your eyeballs right now lol
we are all the way up north so we dont do the AC show but we are at the NYC show every year. omg its crazy right now! i put in just short of 60 hours this week.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:38 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Ya know regarding the valve spring issue you could always run a mildish cam or at least a small lobe and stick with something like the Yellow ZO6 springs. Should live at 5500 for quite some time. Certainly more than a few seasons after all these things last for hundreds of thousands of miles in a car and boat hours dont add up to nearly as much mileage even if it is running WOT for most of its time. I would certainly check them at the end of the first season on the first engine to see but id guesstimate 500-1000 hrs on those if you stay on the mild side cam wise.

If you get a bit more aggressive although I have never used these i do recall Katech testing the PSI 1511ml and commenting on its high durability. I've run the patriot golds which work great but soften FAST... too fast for a boat. Have a couple set ups with the PAC1518 springs which are extended service springs. One set on a pair of L92 heads with the heavy non sodium version of the two available valves and ive run 7500 RPM without issue. Very surprised at that result but dont ask me what happens with those after 8000 RPM though....
Old 07-11-2013, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Sorry guys I have been working on another project.

Closed cooling is definitely in the plans. Thats an easy part.

My issues right now are finding an oil pan with kickouts so we can have a 10 qt sump. An absolute neccesity with offshore boats. Oil filter will be remote mounted for ease of replacement.

Valvesprings. I intended to use the Z06 springs because we were planning on the z06 heads. I am not concerned about durability because they spin these engines to 9500 on Nascar super Speedways so I figured 6200 rpm was not a major concern. I have contacts at Katech I will talk to.

Avalon
Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Dry sump. 7.0L ZO6 oil system might be your best bet
Old 07-11-2013, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I would look into something off the shelf like the supercharged LSA/LS9. MUCH cheaper and you can still make performance mods and gain quite a bit of power over the already stout stock numbers.

Quick Reply: Marine Engine Development