Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!! BUYER BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!! BUYER BEWARE

LS1tech screen name Chrome_Rust has stolen $270 and my 2001 Silverado wiring harness from me. His phone number is 419-788.9836 and says his name is Charlie Ridinger in Findlay OHIO.

I had spoke with him several times via telephone and PM's here on tech. He seemed knowledgeable and always answered my questions. During my project, I was at a point where the wiring harness needed to be modified. I called him and arranged a price. $270 and 2 week turn around.

After sending him my harness via UPS and Paypal to his "wife's" account, I never heard back. This was the first week of May. During the middle to third week of May, I called and was able to reach him. He indicated he was working on his car but was close to finishing my stuff. I told him no worries and I was fine waiting a little longer.

First week of June. I called multiple times, left voice mails and text messages. His voice mail had now changed from a business message to the standard computer generated default voice mail. I later received one text stating my harness will ship on Friday 06-07-13. I texted back for follow up but that was it...one reply. Over a week later, no harness and no replies.

I attempted multiple additional times since then to contact him and get nothing. No texts, PM's, or voice mails. I should have searched here prior to doing business with him as I am not the first guy who has gotten" Fuct" over by this dishonest man.

Here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/introduct...rome_rust.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...e-harness.html

I've been doing this car thing for many years now and for the most part, all of us are honest with one another. This piece of **** is the minority to our group as a whole. So as a contributing member to our group, I made this post as a warning to inform all of you of this person.

"CHARLIE"
Kharma, what goes around comes around, and you got what's coming to ya. I believe strongly in those and in keeping my word. "Charlie" if you are reading this post, find some self meaning in those three and fix this issue. Also, I will not sit on my hands and do nothing other than push keys if you fail to make good on our transaction.

Waiting...

Last edited by Razor; 06-28-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:59 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

It would be nice if you could at least get your harness back that way you can have someone else rework it or do it yourself. I hate to hear this kind of stuff.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could post this on the Bullet and I'm sure it would get straightened out.

Jus sayin.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Thumbs up Oh ya!!

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s

Jus sayin.
That asshat will not get away.....
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
It would be nice if you could at least get your harness back that way you can have someone else rework it or do it yourself. I hate to hear this kind of stuff.

A full refund at this point would be the only way I would feel best about this. Not sure I would trust anything else.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s

Jus sayin.

Is this guy on the bullet? I searched his screen name but no joy...
Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This sucks...I live in Findlay,OH and have seen his ads on local Craigslist.I hope all works out for you.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

This is what you get trying to get a "Deal"...............Words of advice...........You get what you pay for......Just Say'in......Stick to the professionals......
Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kwhizz
This is what you get trying to get a "Deal"...............Words of advice...........You get what you pay for......Just Say'in......Stick to the professionals......
This is uncalled for man...no need to kick the guy in the teeth when he's down. There is no issue with him trying to save a buck. The guy lied to him. I can give you the names of a bunch of professionals who have screwed 10s of thousands away from customers. An ******* of a person can come in any shape, size, or business model...this guy got snared by one.

I have been there myself with a $25000 engine....I got none of it. Sad part was I was good friends with the guy who took the money from me...

OP, I wish you the best of luck and hopefully justice will be served.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kwhizz

I could see your statement making sense if I purchased some "knock off" part that did not hold up or perform as well as the more expensive originally designed piece. Then, I would have at least "gotten what I paid for."

My aforementioned scenario is unfortunately not similar and therefore your "words of advice" are NOT applicable. As result, you come off sounding like a total D*CK.

All I want is what I paid for!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cbrodine
This sucks...I live in Findlay,OH and have seen his ads on local Craigslist.I hope all works out for you.
PM Sent.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Chrome_Rust, who's real name is Charles Ridinger. Unfortunately I was obviously become a victim of another deadbeat seller. I spoke with him in great lengths about doing my rewiring on my harness for my 5.3L swap. He sent me pictures, emailed many many times, and even gave me references of people that he had done work for. I spoke with one member that had a harness done by him and he seemed to be happy.

So I decided to give him a try. I shipped him my harness and a $125 deposit, which unfortunately was a money order. After that it became harder to get in touch with him. He has emailed a couple of times asking questions, or answering questions I had, but definitely has gotten harder to reach him. On 12/15/12 he told me:

"I'll be ready to ship it wed of next week. Working today, tomorrow and then 12's next week. But it will be ready."

On 12/21/12 I asked if he could send me pictures of the finished harness and he told me:

"I will when I get home."

That was the last time I heard from him. I have tried emailing him several times and have received no response. I have also tried pm'ing him multiple times. He has been signing on, even as late as 12/30/12, but never responds to any of my pm's.

After sending several emails, each getting progressively more threatening I get one today from his "wife" that says:

"Hello, this is charlies wife melisa. He was in a bad accident on dec, 22. He has not been able to get online, and i have been managing his emails. Right now he is still in ICU at blanchard valley hospital in findlay ohio. There is a box that he was going to mail out before he got hit. What is the address it is going too? Im sorry for the inconvience. Please be paitient.
Melisa Ridinger"

Of course with a little research I find this to be a complete lie. With a few more keystrokes I find his Facebook:

www.facebook.com/charles.ridinger

A little browsing through there shows that he was definitely not involved in any wreck, and that he and his wife (Melisa) had been having a great time for the holidays. (I do have screenshots of everything if you try to delete it Charlie). Has some nice pictures of his LS Swap stang he's working on, along with some new parts on it.

After I finally got ahold of him by text, it was excuse after excuse. "I had to work, my wife had to work, ups was closed, it was too late when I got off work, etc etc"

He also admitted that he was not in any major wreck, or in the hospital.

Also here is a picture of the backside of the fuse block when I I finally got the harness back in February

Old 06-18-2013, 10:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by TxFireman1972
Chrome_Rust, who's real name is Charles Ridinger. Unfortunately I was obviously become a victim of another deadbeat seller. I spoke with him in great lengths about doing my rewiring on my harness for my 5.3L swap. He sent me pictures, emailed many many times, and even gave me references of people that he had done work for. I spoke with one member that had a harness done by him and he seemed to be happy.

So I decided to give him a try. I shipped him my harness and a $125 deposit, which unfortunately was a money order. After that it became harder to get in touch with him. He has emailed a couple of times asking questions, or answering questions I had, but definitely has gotten harder to reach him. On 12/15/12 he told me:

"I'll be ready to ship it wed of next week. Working today, tomorrow and then 12's next week. But it will be ready."

On 12/21/12 I asked if he could send me pictures of the finished harness and he told me:

"I will when I get home."

That was the last time I heard from him. I have tried emailing him several times and have received no response. I have also tried pm'ing him multiple times. He has been signing on, even as late as 12/30/12, but never responds to any of my pm's.

After sending several emails, each getting progressively more threatening I get one today from his "wife" that says:

"Hello, this is charlies wife melisa. He was in a bad accident on dec, 22. He has not been able to get online, and i have been managing his emails. Right now he is still in ICU at blanchard valley hospital in findlay ohio. There is a box that he was going to mail out before he got hit. What is the address it is going too? Im sorry for the inconvience. Please be paitient.
Melisa Ridinger"

Of course with a little research I find this to be a complete lie. With a few more keystrokes I find his Facebook:

www.facebook.com/charles.ridinger

A little browsing through there shows that he was definitely not involved in any wreck, and that he and his wife (Melisa) had been having a great time for the holidays. (I do have screenshots of everything if you try to delete it Charlie). Has some nice pictures of his LS Swap stang he's working on, along with some new parts on it.

After I finally got ahold of him by text, it was excuse after excuse. "I had to work, my wife had to work, ups was closed, it was too late when I got off work, etc etc"

He also admitted that he was not in any major wreck, or in the hospital.

Also here is a picture of the backside of the fuse block when I I finally got the harness back in February

Oh. My. God.

Just wondering, what did you all pay for his services?

LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Unfortunately I sent a $125 money order with my harness when I sent it to him. Whenever he finally sent the harness back after all the BS, he tells me "you don't have to worry about paying the other half". Like I was going to anyway!! Thats what he considers "making things right".
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cbrodine
I have also. What a piece of trash. Maybe we could arrange a visit?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any moderator response to banning this guy?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

One tip off of something not right would the vendor or person not accepting a CC or Paypal..or a valid method of payment. Money order are a good tip that you should not deal with him.. a cancled personal check is a way of a receipt. A CC can be stopped and refunded (insurance).

I would not deal with anyone that would not accept any payment that could not be put on hold !. or canceled.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bczee
One tip off of something not right would the vendor or person not accepting a CC or Paypal..or a valid method of payment. Money order are a good tip that you should not deal with him.. a cancled personal check is a way of a receipt. A CC can be stopped and refunded (insurance).

I would not deal with anyone that would not accept any payment that could not be put on hold !. or canceled.
I agree completely!! The bad part is I usually live by that concept! For some reason I was an idiot this time.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The reason I asked is because for a base rewire for your basic 4 wire hook up with fan triggers and no fan relays we rewire harnesses for $250. Which sounds like what he was charging.

For a premium rewire with A/C, fans and everything we charge $350.

I have been working for you guys on the moderators, but remember if they ban him that will be one less way someone else who has sent him their harness can contact him.....

sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Damn man, that sucks. I ordered a turbo kit, from a company that is no longer around, a few years back. He had no problem cashing the cc but took him about 2 months to ship half, of the kit, and after a few emails, he sent the rest of the kit, about a month later. I never did get everything that I was suppose to.

Quick Reply: MEMBER Chrome_Rust!!!! BUYER BEWARE