Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 F150 5.3 LM7 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've lost my primary place to work on the truck so progress has been slow lately. It is currently drive able, but still needs some loose ends tied up.

I built an exhaust system consisting of 2.5" pipe from the manifolds to 3" pipe dumping before the passenger rear wheel. It turned out to be VERY quiet, actually too quiet, but it will suffice for now. Y pipe was challenging to get the bends right while avoiding the front driveshaft and transfercase. Don't mind the rusty and crumpled bed in the last picture!

I also installed an aftermarket fuse box and main relay by bussman. It is a pretty nice setup and much more compact than the factory fusebox. I still need to go back rewrap the engine harness and clean up the wiring a bit.

I am now in the process of getting parts together to install a mid 90s f series fuel tank with an in tank pump. I already burned up one external pump, most likely because of trash in the tank. I now have a prefilter in front of the pump but I still do not trust the current setup.
The following users liked this post:
Jp003 (09-10-2021)

Quick Reply: 1978 F150 5.3 LM7 Swap