Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into 85 Trans am, need core facts

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 into 85 Trans am, need core facts

I browsed through all the pages for the conversion of the Ls1 into my 85 trans am(305), I know i need to make knew mounts, is there anything else i need to know, the engine I have is out of a 98 camaro, i bought the painless wiring harness, and I do have all the original wiring, even all the dash wires,I no alot of ppl probably ask these ques, but any help would be nice, and the sooner I can install it and put pics up.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:52 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

http://www.speartech.com/coproj-1991ls1.html

Should get you started.

Also, use the search button and browse the forum a little.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Unless you are dead set on making your own motor mounts, I would just put up the money and buy the TGR mounts. They really are a quality piece. IF you want to save some money you can easily fab up your own tranny cross member, but just the piece of mind that the engine will be in the right spot is well worth the money.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

www.fbodymotorsports.com

(TGR = Third Gen Resource, which is the older site for Fbody Motorsports).

They've got motor mounts, crossmember, fuel lines, etc.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 85trans
I browsed through all the pages for the conversion of the Ls1 into my 85 trans am(305), I know i need to make knew mounts, is there anything else i need to know, the engine I have is out of a 98 camaro, i bought the painless wiring harness, and I do have all the original wiring, even all the dash wires,I no alot of ppl probably ask these ques, but any help would be nice, and the sooner I can install it and put pics up.
I'm using Spohn engine mounts and trans crossmember, may be the same thing Thirdgen Resource is selling. They bolted in great w/ no modification, the LS1 and T56 dropped right into place.

Don't underestimate the exhaust work...nobody makes a bolt-in catback yet to my knowledge, which means you'll need a shop to do some fabricating. I used a 3rd gen catback, with the intermediate pipe cut and all customizing done from that point forward.

Last edited by crainholio; 01-10-2005 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: LS1 into 85 Trans am, need core facts