Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system questions...5.3 in 74 C10

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system questions...5.3 in 74 C10

I'm swapping a 99 5.3 into my 74 chevy c10 2wd.I'm trying to gather fuel parts now...already ordered the walbro inline pump. The plan is to run the stock truck tank. I understand the early 5.3s already have a built in fpr so I don't need the corvette fpr. I was thinking about running 2 fuel filters...one before and one after the pump. I want to run hard lines instead of the ss ones and factory style fittings because im tryin to keep costs down...Things is I don't know what these fittings look like and what size lines I need. Can anyone post pics of what I need? Also how I run the return line back to the tank? And what fuel filters can I use?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

inline pumps are noisey and less efficient over intank .

your truck is easy to get intank .

87 truck r/v body (old c/k ) was first year tbi injection . order a tank for this year and in your short or long bed needs. then the sender unit MINUS pump . next get a pump for a 96 c3500 350 vortec . its a direct install to the sender for 87 tbi trucks . and gets you the psi needed.

3/8" feed line and 5/16" return and 1/4" vent . is std line sizes .

check your 74 to see if you need to add the second return line . back then the fuel system was comen to have feed / suction only and no return line.

good luck and ohers will chime in here with lots of good info .

I got a 85c-10 short bed 5.3/4l60-e build thread here also . click the link just above my tool box pic below.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

budgets kinda tight so that's why im going with the inline setup for now...I will eventually get the 87 tank and all though...plus im kinda in a hurry to get the truck running as I really need a second vehicle...I have a bmw e39 as my only car right now. ill look tomorrow and see if it needs a return line...

Quick Reply: Fuel system questions...5.3 in 74 C10