Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed LS1 Headers 1st Gen Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by homemade87
Just something to compare by. Looks like 4-1/8 on pass side and 4" on drivers. Those are a good bit shorter. Dont look like much but that will make a big difference.
Yes, it might make a big difference on PS box clearance, but not as big on how low the header hangs. In fact it will sit closer to the floorboards with the taller mounts.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, after a few weeks of researching, emailing, PM'ing, three different threads on three different sites...I had narrowed it down between the Dynatech's and the Doug's 3337's. I ruled out the Texas Speed because there just wasn't enough info on them, and I wasn't crazy about the design.

The guys from Dynatech were great with trying to help, but it's the same design as the Texas Speed stuff (still wondering if Texas Speed copied them, or if Dynatech is making their headers).

So I ordered a set of the Doug's 3337's (jwcarguy's pics helped push me to the final decision). My only hesitation was that they look identical to the ebay brand headers that I was looking to get rid of. In fact, when I first got them, I thought they were identical, but there are subtle differences in the tube design (i.e. the guys in China didn't do a perfect job on the knockoff). I installed them this weekend. I ended up moving my engine and transmission about 3/4" back towards the firewall and I'm very happy with the clearance.

ebay Header passenger side:

Doug's 3337 passenger side:

ebay Header driver side:

Doug's 3337 driver side:

Doug's clearance:

Doug's driver side ground clearance:

Doug's passenger side ground clearance:

About 4" of clearance on passenger side, and 4.5" on driver side:
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

And just for reference, I'm using the tall & narrow '69 Z28/350 frame mounts (3945507/8) and the tall & narrow Energy Suspension motor mounts (3.1117G). Along with the Dirty Dingo Sliders, and a BMR adjustable T56 trans crossmember.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 67rally
And just for reference, I'm using the tall & narrow '69 Z28/350 frame mounts (3945507/8) and the tall & narrow Energy Suspension motor mounts (3.1117G). Along with the Dirty Dingo Sliders, and a BMR adjustable T56 trans crossmember.
This is almost the same setup my Dad has on his 69, just with a Th350 and Hooker headers.

Nice pics showing the differences!

Quick Reply: Texas Speed LS1 Headers 1st Gen Camaro?