Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me finish planning my LS1 swap into 1954 Chevy car

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
You need to install a power distribution module. I just installed one on a 68 Chevelle and it works great.

Andrew
I agree. It's looking more and more like i should. But i will still need one Keyed On power wire to feed the module right?

The Painless Performance Chassis harness has two spare fuses that are Keyed On power and two that are Bat power., they are limited to a 10Amps and unfused. There are also a few spare hot wires from the harness, but those are mostly for a 15 Amp fuse.

Last edited by WCRiot2; 03-28-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 909 Posts

Yes, you need a wire that is hot in crank and run. This wire gets connected to a bus in the distribution module. This bus powers the #86 terminals of the installed relays. There is also another bus that get hooked directly to the battery. Power from that bus is then fused and fed to the #30 terminal of any installed relays.

Andrew
Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Seems like I'm done wiring everything. I want to get some more of that corrugated plastic tubing to tidy up the electrical wires. Planning to run through the test procedure on Saturday or Sunday when i can dedicate an entire day to the task.

Different category of question: How close should the O2 sensor bung be located tho Exhaust manifold outlet flange? Current i have a J pipe from the manifold then have the bung about 8-12" down the straight length. I did that for fitment purposes but wondering if that is too far from the exhaust manifold itself?
Old 04-19-2020, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Default Reverse Light Switch

My 4L60E transmission does not have the Neutral Safety Switch/Reverse Light Switch mechanism. I am running an Ididit Column shift Steering Column and the Ididit flexible shift linkage. The PSI Engine Harness has a NSS Switch that is part of the Brake Light Switch so i think many years ago i must have gotten rid of the factory switch.

What have other done for a reverse light switch?

Quick Reply: Help me finish planning my LS1 swap into 1954 Chevy car