Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Gen Viper vs LSx Swapped FD

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Performance: FD EASILY. The FD will outperform the Viper in every way you can think of including MPG.

Looks: I'd have to say the Viper. It was just one of those cars I drooled about when I was younger. ONLY if it were a GTS. I really don't like the looks of the RT/10. Maybe it was the wheels iono. I'd want to make babies with a GTS.

Throw a set of CCW sp500's on a 96 blue GTS and just :drool ALL DAY LONG

Maintenance: FD again. FD parts are starting to become rare but the LSx drivetrain cannot be beaten for cost except by SBC stuff. :-/

I should also note that I have had people almost hit me due to head turning....... Both cars will turn heads 100% without a doubt. The Viper a bit moreso.

The FD interior is small but the driver side can fit a pretty big person suprisingly. I'm 6"3" 210-220 and would say I'm about the limit for the car.

|
|
|
|
v

Might be biased?

I should note that my FD did 12.2 on $70 225/50-16 sumitomos with a 300 treadware and a 100% stock LS1. The best 60ft I could manage was a 1.9. It's come a little ways since then....They don't let me race at the track anymore....no cage.

Last edited by Exidous; 03-13-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: 1st Gen Viper vs LSx Swapped FD