Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW Base Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DBW Base Tunes

Hi all, long story short I'm using a 12200411 PCM (Originally from a 2002 Silverado) tuning with HPTuners on an LS6 from a 2003 Z06 in a 1999 Sonoma with manual trans.

Engine starts and runs, DBW works great, full sweep to 100% without issue. Fuel level sensor does not work (due to Vette two-tank setup), ABS does not work due to no 128k vss pulse output, so my quest is to find a base vehicle that had DBW compatible with the 411 PCM that is NOT a vette. A lot of suggestions on the internet are DBC vehicles...anyone have a suggestion for a vehicle OS that I can use to keep both the 411 and DBW?
Old 04-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Teching In

Bump?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

What OS are you currently using? Sounds like you're using one for a Corvette? Have you tried a 2002 Silverado with DBW tune? Seems like it should work, they had 411 PCMs, DBW and antilock brakes, and I would think the gas gauges would be similar if not the same.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
What OS are you currently using? Sounds like you're using one for a Corvette? Have you tried a 2002 Silverado with DBW tune? Seems like it should work, they had 411 PCMs, DBW and antilock brakes, and I would think the gas gauges would be similar if not the same.
Ironically that's the OS that was on the PCM when I first plugged in and the fuel gauge did work, so you are correct there! My assumption is the prior PCM was damaged in the accident that rendered the Z06 a parts car and replaced directly with a 411 out of a 2002 Silverado. Are you thinking this may be just a matter of getting the 2002 Silverado TAC and Throttle body? When I did some digging it seemed like some Silverados didn't have DBW, but if they did then it may just be a matter of me repinning to convert the C5 TAC system to what that OS expects. With the 2002 Silverado tune it started and ran but TB did not actuate full sweep...I could hear the PWM frequency but there was very very little motion in the actuator. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

A friend drives a 2001 Silverado 1500 (5.3 / 4L60E) that is drive by wire with OS 12202088 on a P01 (411) controller. Honestly it was the first I had seen drive by wire that year and wasn't a 6.0. I'm not sure that will work with your pedal, TAC and throttle body but I have the stock calibration in HP Tuners if you think it will do you any good.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SonomaGTLS6
Ironically that's the OS that was on the PCM when I first plugged in and the fuel gauge did work, so you are correct there! My assumption is the prior PCM was damaged in the accident that rendered the Z06 a parts car and replaced directly with a 411 out of a 2002 Silverado. Are you thinking this may be just a matter of getting the 2002 Silverado TAC and Throttle body? When I did some digging it seemed like some Silverados didn't have DBW, but if they did then it may just be a matter of me repinning to convert the C5 TAC system to what that OS expects. With the 2002 Silverado tune it started and ran but TB did not actuate full sweep...I could hear the PWM frequency but there was very very little motion in the actuator. Thanks for the help!
Yes, you will need a Silverado pedal, throttle body and TAC module to go with the truck OS. This is exactly why I prefer drive by cable. If I can't get everything from the same vehicle, it seems nearly impossible to get the salvage yard to find it.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 PM
TECH Veteran

I was thinking the '00-02 silverado DBW throttle body would work with the Corvette parts. You say it operated, but not all the way? If it didn't go into limp mode and shut down the pedal response when running, you may be able to adjust the amount it opens in HPTuners?
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Teching In

I was thinking the '00-02 silverado DBW throttle body would work with the Corvette parts. You say it operated, but not all the way? If it didn't go into limp mode and shut down the pedal response when running, you may be able to adjust the amount it opens in HPTuners?
Yeah I reflashed the 2002 silverado OS and it actuated very slightly to the point of where it went to 2500 rpm or so...so maybe it is in some default mode. No TPS% registering on HPT scanner and it did set a "Throttle/pedal position sensor "A"" DTC. I might screw around with the limits in HPT but I may end up just getting my hands on a TAC/APP/TB system from a 2002 Silverado...

At least my fuel gauge works now...lol
Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, sounds like a mismatch of parts problem. I would try a silverado TAC first, then pedal if that doesn't work, then a TB. Good luck with it. If you were close I'd let you borrow that stuff as I have all of it just lying around.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Yeah, sounds like a mismatch of parts problem. I would try a silverado TAC first, then pedal if that doesn't work, then a TB. Good luck with it. If you were close I'd let you borrow that stuff as I have all of it just lying around.
Thanks man, just ordered the TAC and pedal sensor. Wish me luck.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SonomaGTLS6
Thanks man, just ordered the TAC and pedal sensor. Wish me luck.
The reason I love and hate drive by wire at the same time. Hahaha.

I got to play with an 07 engine recently for a friends build... E38 PCM, T42 and no TAC module. It was nice. That one makes me want to go Gen IV.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
A friend drives a 2001 Silverado 1500 (5.3 / 4L60E) that is drive by wire with OS 12202088 on a P01 (411) controller. Honestly it was the first I had seen drive by wire that year and wasn't a 6.0. I'm not sure that will work with your pedal, TAC and throttle body but I have the stock calibration in HP Tuners if you think it will do you any good.
Thanks man, I may take you up on that stock calibration if it doesn't work with the 2002 OS I have currently...I don't recall the OS PN off hand but should have that tonight. Is there a manual transmission page/option in that OS?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Solved!!! Whilst at my favorite watering hole last night I made the connection in my brain that in the options matrix for the 2002 Silverado OS I was using, "ETC" was disabled where the C5 OS matrix had that enabled. For the past two weeks I incorrectly assumed that was traction control. I realized through some reading that GM called DBW "Electronic Throttle Control"...so when woke up this morning on a whim I decided to enable ETC on the Silverado OS and what do you know...full TPS sweep to 100% and no throttle related DTC's when engine running. Moral of the story, it looks like 2003 Z06 DBW components are fully compatible with the 2002 Silverado OS! I haven't tried cruise or driven in anger yet, but at least today I can say I made progress without having to spend more money on Silverado DBW components. I haven't seen anywhere on the internet where someone has shown this combination works.

Quick Reply: DBW Base Tunes