Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New goy here with some problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New goy here with some problems

Hi everyone, my name is miguel and i have a 81 2wd k5 with a 5.3 and 4l60e in it, i did this swap about 3 years ago, anyways when i got my pcm tuned i got torque management set to 0 and everything was great i could bark my tires in second gear even in third and could do breakstands with some heavy *** 22's then i started to get the truck ready for paint and stopped driving it for a while, in that time i wasnt driving it i installed some fbody headers and dual spintech mufflers as well as new 295/50/15 tires and now it wont do a burnout for its life not even brakestands, it is not throwing any codes and seems to work perfectly on the highway it just wont burnout, when i try to do a brakestand it wont rev past 2000rpm any ideas what the problem could be?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are definitely some that are more knowledgeable, but the first question I would have, is did you update the tire size in the PCM? If you had 22's on it, and now are on 15's, the tire size shrunk significantly and maybe that's contributing to the issues you are having?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprech
There are definitely some that are more knowledgeable, but the first question I would have, is did you update the tire size in the PCM? If you had 22's on it, and now are on 15's, the tire size shrunk significantly and maybe that's contributing to the issues you are having?
I had 15's and 275/60's when i first did the swap thats when i could just floor it and leave black marks, then i put the 22's and i could only do brakestands, needles to say i only got like 5k miles out of the first tranny

Last edited by Blazinlow214; 04-24-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My guess would be a transmission problem, perhaps related to the torque converter. If you stop beating on the truck so often you might actually keep a trans for more than an oil change.

Quick Reply: New goy here with some problems