Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a RX perf catch can?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who has a RX perf catch can?

I got a RX can on CL.com a little while ago, hooked it up and never thought anything of it. Since I don't drive the car much in the winter I didn't pay much attention to the fact that it hasn't collected much of anything since I installed it. Couple days ago I decided to check flow through the can while the engine is running and the results were unsettling.

When I pull the hose off the PCV there is little to no suction; if I cap it with my thumb for a few seconds it pulls more vacuum but the same lack of volume. Then I connected the PCV back and pull the hose off the can that leads to the intake and it has "normal" PCV suction/volume like you'd see on any engine.

So I'm losing flow in my catch can. The built in check valve is rattling so I assume it's "working" but can't think of why I'd be losing so much pull.

Before you ask, yes, it is plumbed properly (PCV to center port, offset port to intake)

I'm thinking about pulling the check valve and tapping the hole for regular 1/8"npt barbed elbow. Since I'm not forced induction I don't think the check valve is all the necessary anyway.

TIA,

Quick Reply: Who has a RX perf catch can?