Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/n fittings on fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope it isnt! i have had my car running for a lil bit now and i tell you what you can tighten those fittings as much as you need to! when i first started testing to see if my fuel was gonna leak the fuel rail one leaked just a lil but, but i got the 11/16 and the 3/4 and tightened it right up and no more leak and havent had a problem with it yet. so go ahead and get'em. and for some reason if they start to leak, take the car to a shop and have them weld it one on!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I had my fittings brazed on for $15
Old 12-21-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you use a compression fitting, dont loosen it... the ferrel compresses and cannot be reused.. you would need a new ferrel.

other then that, they're fine for the fuel system... a much tighter seal then the factory O-ring seal.

that said, im using the OE rubber lines, and i have the hardlines from the doner car cut.

im going to just attach the two hardlines to each other under the car (where they wont normally be visible.

the aftermarket fuel regulator will be under the rear of the car too.

this allows me to run only one feed line (like factory) and from under the hood, it looks stock.. no braided line, anodized connectors, or polished/anodized billet regulator...

the goal is to pop the hood someplace and have people go: "whys your hood open? nothing to see there....."
that dead stock look. lol.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

also, you need a fuel line tool to remove them.

its like two little half tube that slips over the line, and clicks in.. depressing the little "spring tabs".
the line then just slips off.

edit:

i got mine for under $5 at some auto store. cheap ones are plastic and fine... if you want a shiny polished/chrome one, metal ones are available
Old 12-21-2004, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

if you use a compression fitting, dont loosen it... the ferrel compresses and cannot be reused
that's not all true, i loosened and re tighten a couple of my fittings and everything is fine! so maybe i just got lucky, but on four different fittings, i dont see me being that lucky especially with the luck that i have been havin with this car lol
Old 12-22-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Junkie

perhaps i should rephrase that....

it SHOULD not be reused... that doesnt mean it cant be.. but it actually does compress when you tighten it... so it doesnt have the same seal the next time around.

if you put a set of calipers on it before and after its been tightend, you'll see its actually smaller.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Teching In

What kind of fittings do you use on the lines from a corvette filter/regulator? One needs a male snap fitting, one end you can use a 3/8 to 6an adaptor fitting, but the other is smaller (maybe 5/16 not sure).
Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scooter70
Use these: http://store.summitracing.com/produc...earchtype=ecat to do this:

It works on the fuel tank too.
I know this is an old thread, but I need one of these fittings for a stock fuel rail to a -8 braided line. Anyone have any ideas? I have looked through the Aeroquip catolog with no success. I know the stock fuel rail is a 3/8 (or-6), but my fuel system is all -8. Thanks in advance.

Oh and another question, where do you plumb the purge line to?
Old 08-08-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up One Name Is All You Need To Know...

For proper fuel line connection fittings. They are billet aluminum. They are the best/safest connection I have found. The name is "Godman Hi-Performance". Godmanhiperf.com I used them on my Vette filter/regulator & the connection at the engine. One fitting gets you to an AN connection, instead of two. I don't care what it costs when it comes to a high pressure gasoline system. Gar
Old 08-08-2005, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Default HP AN Fuel Connections

Russell actually makes the two different sizes of slip-on, OEM GM LS Engines fuel system connections to adapt to AN fittings. (sorry I don't have part #) but they are widely available Summit, Jegs, local speed shops car order.

These fittings also work at the fuel rail.

I used the 99+ Corvette fuel filter / regulator combo $39.00 (same part# for either LS1 or ZO6) on my LS1 V8 Miata (see picture) the two lines are supply and by-pass, I have a Walbro 255 pump in-tank with a single line running up to the engine.

We researched the original OEM supplier in Canada that supplies GM all their plastic fuel lines, connections and special tools and it seemed better to go this way.
Attached Thumbnails a/n fittings on fuel rail-fuel-filter-reg-copy.jpg  
Old 08-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Launching!

This may seem dumb but I've been reading and is still a little confused about the exact fitting needed from Russell. I have a 2001 LS1 and would like to get some fitting for the Fuel rails.

What are the exact Russell part numbers for my needs?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is exactly the info I needed also.
Thanks Guys
Dave
Old 08-16-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tri5Nerd
This may seem dumb but I've been reading and is still a little confused about the exact fitting needed from Russell. I have a 2001 LS1 and would like to get some fitting for the Fuel rails.

What are the exact Russell part numbers for my needs?
From the website link above:
RUS-639200 Fitting, -6 AN Female to 3/ 8 in. Tube, Aluminum, Red/ Blue, Each
Today $7.88
RUS-639210 Fitting, -6 AN Male to 3/ 8 in. Tube, Aluminum, Red/ Blue, Each
Today $8.88
RUS-639220 Fitting, -8 AN Female to 1/ 2 in. Tube, Aluminum, Red/ Blue, Each
Today $9.88
RUS-639230 Fitting, -8 AN Male to 1/ 2 in. Tube, Aluminum, Red/ Blue, Each
Today $8.75

Quick Reply: a/n fittings on fuel rail