Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 69 Camaro LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I like your radiator and fan setup. I was planning to use the original big block radiator and the 4th gen fans, but after seeing your setup, I may go with the 4th gen radiator to ease the plumbing hook ups and fan mounting. I see you used the 4th gen master cylinder for the brakes. Is that also the 4th gen booster? I am using the 4th gen master cylinder, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate the booster so I went with an aftermarket 8" dual diaghram
Old 07-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aston Tibs
I like your radiator and fan setup. I was planning to use the original big block radiator and the 4th gen fans, but after seeing your setup, I may go with the 4th gen radiator to ease the plumbing hook ups and fan mounting. I see you used the 4th gen master cylinder for the brakes. Is that also the 4th gen booster? I am using the 4th gen master cylinder, but couldn't figure out how to incorporate the booster so I went with an aftermarket 8" dual diaghram
It is the 4th gen booster as well. It went pretty smooth all in all. The studs were removed from the 4th gen booster and also from the brake pedal bracket in the car. I then welded tabs onto the booster mount to extend it and re-drilled new holes. I also extended the link that hooks to the brake pedal by welding on the old connection from the old booster. I slid a tube over the two pieces and welded it to create a stronger connection. I used the original disc/drum proportional valve.

I also had to open up the holes on the firewall a bit to get stuff to fit.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 AM
TECH Regular

That is excellent, I considered doing that, but it looked like more than I wanted to tackle and I was concerned about the lcelarance with the coil packs.
I am very interested in how you made the 4th gen radiator work. Can you show me some additional photos of how you made it all work. I am looking for details on how the radiator and shroud actually mount to the rad support.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

I looked at those pictures again. I think I need more photos of the tabs on the bottom.
So to install the radiator, you drop it below the mounts on the core support, push it up to lock into the mounts and then hold it up with the tabs?
Old 07-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Aston Tibs
I looked at those pictures again. I think I need more photos of the tabs on the bottom.
So to install the radiator, you drop it below the mounts on the core support, push it up to lock into the mounts and then hold it up with the tabs?
That is how it mounts. I will get some pictures of the tabs on the bottom this weekend. Basically I welded 3 flat plates that had a threaded hole to the support. Then I made 3 L-brackets that screw onto those to hold the radiator up.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Here is a pic of the mounting. Tabs welded on the radiator support. L brackets bolt onto them to support the radiator.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

That looks pretty simple. Thank you
Old 07-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Staging Lane

Nice work. I am helping my buddy get his parts ordered for his ls2 69 camaro swap while I am waiting for my new block to show up.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Alwhite00
Looks great, Get it on the road.
I hear ya. I am so close. Literally just need to get my hood on, get the wiper motor setup, and get the exhaust buttoned up. I have too many hobbies for my own good. My dad just recently built me a smoker, so that is a new hobby. Also gotta have the CT70's! Here are a couple teasers.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ct70 are they both clones?
I have z50r monkey bikes.
I have a few pandas & skyteam bikes.... I love em
Old 07-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1 pwrd NOVA
Nice ct70 are they both clones?
I have z50r monkey bikes.
I have a few pandas & skyteam bikes.... I love em
The blue one is a 2006 Lifan 110cc and the Purple one is a 72 CT with a 125 auto. I built that one and powdercoated it. She was pretty rough to start with. I have an original motor all rebuilt that will be going back on it. I wanna find a Z50 next. The kids are getting to that age now.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you part of planetminis.com ?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Teching In

No,
I had a few pics of my build on lilhonda. I usually just read on planetminis.

Quick Reply: My 69 Camaro LS1 Swap