Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

64-67 GM A-Body Headers - A list of what fits and what doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014 | 10:57 PM
Teching In

I run a set of ebay shorty headers on my 65. They also fit s-10/s-15 trucks.
Old 11-13-2015 | 07:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by johnnynumber5
Is your motor in stock location?
Old 11-22-2015 | 11:44 AM
Teching In

Default Shorty headers?!

Originally Posted by johnnynumber5
I have a 64 a body. Cant find a set of headers that'll clear the crossmember. The flange on the shorty's don't hit the frame? Do you happen to have the link for them? Thanks in advance. This has caused a huge road block for me!
Old 11-23-2015 | 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

first off I'd like to say it is all about customer service , in reading your replies and findings to all of your questions and requests to vendors I would eliminate a few right off the bat , I'm tired of vendors not caring about what I have to say and when that happens I'll go elsewhere ..so with that being said I used S&P shorty headers setup for a 4l80 as well , they have held up nice but the collector flanges are a real pain to get all the bolts tightened and with most of these headers you will have to use angled wires . I have always have had good customer service from them. I used a modified f body pan ( s&p ) carshop plates and short and wide mounts with a little extra spacing up to clear tie rods . Its been a while since I've browsed their catalog so i am not sure what is now available John
Old 11-23-2015 | 10:23 PM
TECH Resident
15 Year Member

Thought I would add my 2 cents. My setup is an LS1 engine with 4th gen F-body oil pan. Engine is about as close to the firewall as you can get away with around 1/2" clearance on passenger side head. Headers are Hooker swap headers and fitment is excellent. They tuck up very nicely no chance of scraping. Trans was a 700 r4 and now running a Richmond 6 speed. Bellhousing is the same as what would be used on a Muncie. I did have to trim the bellhousing slightly near the starter hole.

Quick Reply: 64-67 GM A-Body Headers - A list of what fits and what doesn't