Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled 1999 trans am and slow 1994 lt1

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled 1999 trans am and slow 1994 lt1

I've read all the lt1 to ls1 swap forums and I'm pretty confident in what needs to be done, but I'd likes some feedback.

So a couple month ago i was driving down the rode and some lady pulled out of a parking lot and stopped in my lane, resulting in this heart break:

So after about 5 months of fighting with the insurance, I'm finally starting to see an end to this and it will partially result in me getting my "totaled" car back.

Here's the slow Camaro I've had since I was 17 that deserves to be fast:

So I'm going to just transfer the whole front k-member w/ everything attached (Cleaning everything up and changing out with wiring harness to a custom one). I'm also just going to swap the entire fuel system from the trans am over and just take the steering rack from the trans am. This is all depending on whether everything is intact since I haven't had any time to inspect the damage from the firebird yet.

Other than the wire harness I know I'll need, is there anything else I would need for this? Or any recommendations on how to do this or if I should change anything?

Thanks in advance.
-Cliff
P.S. I'm planning on selling the ls1 and 4l60e and doing this swap with a different ls motor and a 4l80e, but didn't bother mentioning it above to simplify things.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Also have a trans am I'm parting out if anyone is interested lol
Old 01-11-2015, 04:05 AM
Teching In

Or does anyone know a shop around Houston that could do this for a decent price

Quick Reply: Totaled 1999 trans am and slow 1994 lt1