Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions

I was just wondering a couple of things. Did everyone use stock modified driveshafts or new ones, and what are the advantages or disadvantages of using an inline fuel pump instead of a submerged one. Finally what size inline to go with. Thanks a lot ahead of time.................
Old 05-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinMan2
I was just wondering a couple of things. Did everyone use stock modified driveshafts or new ones, and what are the advantages or disadvantages of using an inline fuel pump instead of a submerged one. Finally what size inline to go with. Thanks a lot ahead of time.................
I've heard people recommend a submerged fuel pump because it keeps the fuel cooler.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by VinMan2
Custom driveshaft (about $260). Inline fuel pumps are louder than in-tank pumps, because the submerged ones are muffled by the fuel and also inside of the tank.

Size of pump will depend on your horsepower level. You just need an EFI type pump, as they produce much higher fuel pressures than typical carburetor electric pumps. You need 50-65 psi for most LS1 swaps.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:15 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

submerged pumps are cooled by the fuel as well, so those can tend to last longer. gonna depend on your chassis / fuel tank setup as to whether that's the way for you to go though.

Quick Reply: couple of questions