Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 TA lq4/4l80e turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 99 TA lq4/4l80e turbo build

So as the title says, I'm planning on picking up a lq4 and a 4l80e to drop in a TA roller I just bought and put a s480 turbo on it. I haven't decided which rear end to go with yet. I'm hoping to be pushing 800hp on high-ish boost I had a pull out picked out of an 05 with 110k miles for $2100 but I guess it got sold. Now the guy is trying to sell me a pull out from an 07 with 50k miles for $2700 but the price is higher than I want to spend (plus it has the 58x reluctor wheel). So I'm waiting a little bit longer to see if I can find one with higher miles and cheaper.

Last night I picked up most of the accessories I need. All I lack is a windage tray, pick up tube, ecu, harness, and radiator then it should hopefully drop in and start. I pulled basically everything off a blown 98 ls1 including all the pulleys/belts, slp underdrive, oilpan, motor mounts, and intake complete with rails and injectors all for $250.

The current plan is to get everything cleaned up then when the motor/tranny come in I'm going to assemble it all on the k member and bolt it all up. When I bought this car it was missing several pieces so I'm hoping I'm not missing anything crucial when I get it in.

One underlying question I have right now, what do the ecu and harness need to come off of? Do both have to be from a 99-02 ls1 f body? And do they have to match the year of the pcm I'm getting? I have a friend with hptuners who is going to try to get all my tuning issues lined out for me until I can afford to buy the software myself.

I'll attempt to keep this thread updated with problems I run into and general progress of the car. Also, I'm looking into custom radiator set ups. Something that's vertical and saves some space for the front of the bay. Feel free to post links to threads or share how you've set up your radiator/fans.

I'll also try to compile a price list for anyone interested as I purchase stuff:
All f body front accesories (minus water pump and power steering) and slp under drive, motor mounts, oil pan, complete intake, some wiring and other junk $250
pcm (should be picking up from the guy who gets my motor) $65
Water pump $40
Power steering pump FREE (would have been $40 but I'm trading some old track tires I don't need)

Last edited by JS TurboTA; 02-21-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the accesories I picked up. Came with a box full of bolts
99 TA lq4/4l80e turbo build-accesory-pile.jpg

This is the day that I finally got her pushed/pulled all the way up my steep driveway. And before the tires quit holding air..
99 TA lq4/4l80e turbo build-car-when-came-garage.jpg

And my poor dirty/empty engine bay. I'm open to any suggestions to clean it up and keep everything hidden once I have it all together
99 TA lq4/4l80e turbo build-empty-dirty-engine-bay.jpg

Let the fun begin!

Quick Reply: 99 TA lq4/4l80e turbo build