Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0758 and not shifting after swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p0758 and not shifting after swap

Me and a buddy did a 4.8 to 6.0 swap in his silverado but now were getting the p0758 code and it wont shift into 3rd gear. We kept his 4l60e and I put a 6.0 tune in it but changed just the transmission settings to what the stock was. We changed fluid and filter in trans also. Anyone have Any idea what to check?
Old 02-22-2015, 02:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

When you say "I put a 6.0 tune in it..." do you mean you flashed the entire 6.0 liter calibration on the 5.3 PCM? If so, that is why you are having problems. As far as I'm aware, the 6.0 liters all came with 4L80E transmissions which are physically wired differently than a 4L60E. This means the calibration uses the same wires for different functions on a 4L80E and this causes the code and poor or no shift situations.

You have a few options:
  1. Use the original 5.3 calibration as the base and copy the data for the 6.0 engine from it's file.
  2. Do a segment swap in HP Tuners.
  3. Rewire the transmission plug.

Personally, I would do option 1 or 2 depending on which operation system was the more recent version. Option 1 or 2 will take about 15 minutes in HP Tuners and can be done without getting dirty. Rewiring the plug is completely unnecessary but a last resort if tuning software isn't available.

If you need help on how to do this, send me a PM. I'm not on here very often but a PM sends an email notification.

Quick Reply: p0758 and not shifting after swap