Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 75 Likes on 48 Posts

Assembled the front brakes with Loctite and safety wire. Installed all the brake lines that have been in storage for a while....under my side of the bed LOL....and I now have a closed system. Filled it up with fluid and bled the brakes today. Did I have any leaks? OF COURSE I did . After addressing the drips it does have a nice firm pedal and having brakes now is a small milestone. Think I'll go watch the Super Bowl and rest.

The following 2 users liked this post by Kharp:
kwhizz (02-12-2024), Project GatTagO (02-11-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,441 Likes on 909 Posts

Looks great!

Andrew
The following 2 users liked this post by Project GatTagO:
G Atsma (02-11-2024), kwhizz (02-12-2024)
Old 02-12-2024, 10:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

One step closer!
Old 05-13-2024, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

On this project it never ceases to amaze me how one thing leads to another and how easy it is to get off track. Soooo I'm ready for a brake check and started to install the shifter and cable. The cable mounts to the seat riser, and at that point I realized there was a hole left in the middle of the floor that needs to be covered before I assemble the seat riser, shifter cable, etc. So here we go. Lets build part of a driveshaft tunnel. Here's the challenge. VERY little room to work with and the cover must seal good so water can't get to the computers and fuse panels which are close to this area. And prefer not to weld on the car at this point so I'll mock everything up and weld it on the bench.

Here's a shot without the seat risers. The silver lines are the boundaries to stay inside of.

Used this handy dandy fixture I built a while back so the main cross member can be taken out and give me some working room.

Built a tunnel flange I could seal off to.

Beginning of the structure. The second hoop was placed right over the tunnel flange.

More frame stuff

Frame welded out and covers made.

Installed in the car, BUT now waiting on seat belts that will mount somewhere near the back of the driveshaft tunnel. May have to modify the tunnel when the belts get here so holding off finishing it for now.

The following users liked this post:
kwhizz (05-13-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Had to wait on some seat belts, but they are here and very nice thanks Juliano's ! My wife requested 3 point belts, which is probably a good idea, but this car didn't come with any belts at all from the factory so this may require a little fab work LOL. Also bought a piece of steel for the B pillar of the car, but it was basically a large piece of keystock that I ended up machining to fit. Starting from left to right I whittled a wood pattern from MDF, then drug out the table saw and dado blade to make the next wood pattern out of poplar. It stayed together much better and I used that pattern to make the real piece. Third piece from the left is what the steel pieces start out life looking like. Fourth piece is finished piece.

This is quite a busy piece when all said and done. This is the back side. The center tapped hole is where the seat belt actually mounts. The other 2 tapped holes is how it mounts to the post itself. I would like to weld it also later just for insurance. The holes in the end is for the string to pull it up through the post. There is another clearance hole for a window garnish molding, which by the way, had to be drilled at a slight angle.

Installed

My side is figured out, done, and fits me well. Now on to my co pilot's side

The following users liked this post:
kwhizz (06-02-2024)

Quick Reply: 1937 Ford Sedan