Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015 | 04:33 PM
Teching In

Default 6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck

Good day all I'm at my wits end here I'm busy building a 68 camaro I have a 6.2 ls3 and a 6l80e trans I've purchased a twist machine paddle shifter my only problem is wiring it up I can do the labour but I'm lost with the diagram my second issue is that Im in South Africa and this is the only one I know of here in Cape Town I have mailed steve and he's reply was to speak to a harness builder please anyone I am prepared to pay for info and help pm me or email me at ash565768@gmail.com thanx Ashley
Old 03-15-2015 | 06:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Can you post the diagram? It may be you have to add the TUTD wire to the 6L80 transmission connector. We need more information as to why you are stuck.
Old 03-16-2015 | 01:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1989GTA
Can you post the diagram? It may be you have to add the TUTD wire to the 6L80 transmission connector. We need more information as to why you are stuck.
hi thanks for the reply I have added a wire to pin 7 on the trans conector and I have the corvette tune already loaded the vehicle drives and takes all gears my problem is wiring up the tapshift module from twist machine the wiring schematic they supply is for a 4l60e with their own compushift controller ill try and upload a pic of the module
Attached Thumbnails 6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck-img-20140909-wa0005-copy-.jpg   6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck-img-20140909-wa0006-copy-.jpg  
Old 03-16-2015 | 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

My problem is I have to blow up the drawings you posted and the schematic on the bottom does not show up. I was able to read the following and how to hook up the shifter under the steering wheel.

1.Add the white common wire to the white wires already there.
2.Aid a 10 amp fused red power wire.
3. Connect black ground wire to a suitable ground.
4. Reconnect your battery.
5. Check the RF signal with the ignition on.

I did not see where to hook up the purple wire from pin 7 on the transmission as I could not see all the instructions.

Where are you stuck at?
Old 03-17-2015 | 01:24 AM
Teching In

Hi there I just attached what I think is a better pic to make things a bit clearer is that the schematic they sent is not for the 6l80 its for the 4l80 now I thought it was a simple hook up with the instructions but apparently not I have spoken to steve at twist machine and he explained that the tcm needs different resistance that my harness builder should work out or know the issue is not hooking it up its not knowing witch pin gives what signal the drawing is wired for compushift controller so it doesn't realy help me however steve gave me the details of a harness builder but I can't seem to get hold of them so ya if that answers the question that is where I'm at the moment thanks for the reply
Attached Thumbnails 6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck-image.jpg  
Old 03-17-2015 | 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

I have read through everything and I know what they are trying to do. I do not see where to hook up the wire from the transmission (pin 7) or the resistors. I see the resistors in you notes on the bottom of the page and those will be needed so that the transmission will get the proper voltage for either an up shift signal or a down shift signal.

Here is a picture of the Corvette paddle shifter. The pink wire is an ignition voltage and the purple wire is the one going to/from the 6L80 Transmission. You can see what the factory did with the resistors. You can see the switch circuits (TUTD). I am surprised Twist Machine does not have a schematic for this portion of the circuitry. It would make things so much easier.

In the attached picture you can see that the pink wire goes to one side of the 8.25K resistor and then the common of the two switches. The purple(transmission pin 7) goes to one side of the three resistors. You can see how the N/C and N/O sides of the TUTD switches are hooked up. This may give you some idea on how to hook up your Twist Machine system.

When you get it all working post up what needs to be done so others may benefit such as myself.
Attached Thumbnails 6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck-6l80-paddle-shifter-three.jpg  

Last edited by 1989GTA; 03-17-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2015 | 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm curious, exactly where are you on this install? Do you have the paddle shifter fully installed and if so, do the RF tests complete OK? Is your problem only with the shifts not occurring do to wiring or other incompatibility?

Quick Reply: 6l80e wiring help please I'm stuck