Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 GTO LS2 Stand-Alone Harness Not Matching GM Schematics

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The discrepancies were never an issue for me as i have a donor harness to compare the schematics against and know what each connector looks like. The SSR file is easiest to connect up cruise control, imo.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
This forum is so helpful!

We use the Corvette diagrams and color coding on our LS2 E40 harnesses. There are a few reasons for this, one of the reasons being the discrepancies.

Bill
I'd forgotten about the 2005 Corvette. I just took a look at a digram for a 2005 Corvette and sure enough, EVAP Vent Control Solenoid is on C1 54.

Here's the diagram for the 2005 Corvette and the 2006 TBSS. I don't have a diagram for the SSR, but I've seen pinouts that reflect the same information - that EVAP Vent Control Solenoid on C1 54. This is still an assumption but I think it stands to reason that the GTO also has EVAP Vent Control Solenoid on C1 54.

AKNovaman, do you have a factory GTO C1/J1 (Blue) wiring "trunk" in your garage? The Holden Pinouts indicate that C1 54 is "Not Used." If there's a wire in C1 54, this would be more evidence to support the theory that all 24x E40 LS2's have the EVAP Vent Control Solenoid on C1 54.

Tipsy

2005 Corvette EVAP

2006 TBSS EVAP

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 04-02-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

I forget what we found earlier this week after all the harnesses and schematics we reviewed. All I remember was we tracked and ohm'ed out the white wire for the ignition coil. I dont think we even saw a EVAP connecor in the harness. Are you home to look at your engine to let me know where the EVAP solenoid is on your engine. we sold the last GTO engine last month we had and it's 100 miles away.

I believe there was not a pin in C1-54 but can verify it tonight.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

2005 GMC Envoy use the E40 ECU and have C1-54 listed as the EVAP connection as verified in Mitchell and an actual harness.

NOTE: the GTO file in a Envoy ECU will not function correctly.

I dont have the Blue GTO connector as it's still in the car (40 miles away) and wont have it till next week or so.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by aknovaman
I forget what we found earlier this week after all the harnesses and schematics we reviewed. All I remember was we tracked and ohm'ed out the white wire for the ignition coil. I dont think we even saw a EVAP connecor in the harness. Are you home to look at your engine to let me know where the EVAP solenoid is on your engine. we sold the last GTO engine last month we had and it's 100 miles away.

I believe there was not a pin in C1 54 but can verify it tonight.
I'm not in FL right now but for the sake of clarity, there are two EVAP connections in the pinouts. One is the EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid and the other is the EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid. The EVAP Purge Solenoid is located near the throttle body and is seemingly C2 50 on all LS2 E40 harnesses.

I believe the EVAP Vent Solenoid is located near the fuel tank. It would make sense that the EVAP Vent Solenoid would be a C1 connection. C2 & C3 are nearly 100% engine harness connections. C1 is mostly body/OBD2/throttle pedal connections. With the Vent solenoid being located near the fuel tank, it seems logical that it would be a C1/body connection.

Tipsy
Old 04-02-2015, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Reasonable conclusion as the blue connector pins are not directly taped to the other two harness connectors or part of the main engine harness trunk,
Old 04-02-2015, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

Reasonable conclusion as the blue connector pins are not directly taped to the other two harness connectors or part of the main engine harness trunk,
Right, so now the only question is whether C1 54 is populated on the GTO harness.

The GTO Holden Pinout says C1 54 "Not Used" but I have a feeling that's incorrect.

Tipsy

Old 04-02-2015, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

I have that portion of the factory GTO harness coming in a few days for verification.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

I have that portion of the factory GTO harness coming in a few days for verification.
Good deal.

Tipsy
Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it wasn't freezing in the garage, I'd open up C1 and look. I'll try to take a look today sometime.
I believe unused locations do not have pins in them, it'll be easy for me to see without opening the connector... give me a few and I'll check.

EDIT: 53 and 54 are definitely NOT wired on my GTO C1.

Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Right, so now the only question is whether C1 54 is populated on the GTO harness.

The GTO Holden Pinout says C1 54 "Not Used" but I have a feeling that's incorrect.

Tipsy

Old 04-05-2015, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HwyStarJoe
If it wasn't freezing in the garage, I'd open up C1 and look. I'll try to take a look today sometime.
I believe unused locations do not have pins in them, it'll be easy for me to see without opening the connector... give me a few and I'll check.

EDIT: 53 and 54 are definitely NOT wired on my GTO C1.
I just got back to FL and had a look at my GTO C1 "trunk."

Mine most definitely IS wired in location 54. And if you look at the Alldata/Holden Pinouts for C1, there are 33 wires indicated. I just counted the wires in mine and there are 34.

Obviously, this C1 trunk is not connected to anything but I think it's safe to assume that C1 54 is the EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid.

Tipsy

Old 04-05-2015, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Right, I count 33 in my C1.
'05 GTO

The diagram I have (different page than the one above) shows C2-54 as EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid. Not C1.
This is what I have on paper... http://chevythunder.com/2006_g32.gif
I don't know if this is '06 Corvette or GTO.

I also have a printout of just the three connector pinouts by themselves and it lists EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid as being on C2.
Then I have a printout from www.patooyee.com that includes all three ECM connectors and it shows 54 as being on C1 for Evap Can Vent Sol. I can't locate it on his site anymore so I don't know which exact vehicle it pertains to.

It makes sense that I had a hard time wiring this thing up...with a hundred differing bits of data to go by.

Last edited by HwyStarJoe; 04-05-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

'05 GTO
So strange. Mine was removed from a 2006 GTO M6. I can't imagine why there would be a difference.

It's tough to get sharp close-ups with my phone so I've circled in Yellow the empty pin positions. You can see there are 22 empty positions.

56 total - 22 empty = 34 populated vs. 33 indicated as populated in the pinout information

Tipsy

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 12-02-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

I know the diagrams I got from www.chevythunder.com matched my engine and trans. Much more so than the ones from that Australian LS2 site. LS2.com or whatever it is.
His ended up matching a Corvette more than a GTO. It's possible a Holden is wired differently than the GTO.
http://chevythunder.com/2006_gto_ls2_pcm_schematics.htm

The picture I attached is a scan from the service manual from that LS2 website...
Attached Thumbnails 06 GTO LS2 Stand-Alone Harness Not Matching GM Schematics-enginecontrols08.jpg  

Last edited by HwyStarJoe; 04-05-2015 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

'05 GTO

The diagram I have (different page than the one above) shows C2-54 as EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid. Not C1.
That information is wrong and is the reason this thread was started. If you look at Post #8 of this thread, C2 54 is Ignition Coil #1.

This is what I have on paper... http://chevythunder.com/2006_g32.gif
I don't know if this is '06 Corvette or GTO.
That is the GTO diagram and it is incorrect. C2 54 is verified as Ignition Coil #1.

I also have a printout of just the three connector pinouts by themselves and it lists EVAP Canister Vent Solenoid as being on C2.
Again, the reason for this thread. There are errors in the Holden/Alldata pinouts and EVAP Canister Vent Control Solenoid begin listed on C2 is one of the errors.

Then I have a printout from www.patooyee.com that includes all three ECM connectors and it shows 54 as being on C1 for Evap Can Vent Sol. I can't locate it on his site anymore so I don't know which exact vehicle it pertains to.
His thread is located here and his pinouts are for an SSR.

The SSR, TBSS and Corvette pinouts ALL indicate that C2 54 is Ignition Coil #1 and C1 54 is EVAP Canister Vent Control Solenoid. The GTO pinout is the only one that does not match. We have verified on the actual GTO harness that C2 54 is in fact Ignition Coil #1, as it is on the SSR, TBSS and Corvette.

While we have not verified on an actual vehicle C1 54 to be EVAP Canister Vent Control Solenoid, the fact that my C1 trunk is populated on C1 54 - while the pinout indicates this location is "Not Used" -supports the conclusion that the GTO E40 harness also has EVAP Canister Vent Control Solenoid on C1 54 as do the SSR, TBSS and Corvette.

As an aside, it appears the SSR, TBSS and Corvette pinouts can be substituted for the GTO with ONE EXCEPTION: The colors will not match as the GTO is a Holden harness and has unique wiring coloring.

Tipsy

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 04-05-2015 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

I know the diagrams I got from www.chevythunder.com matched my engine and trans.
The following two diagrams are linked directly from the Chevythunder site you linked to.

As you can see, BOTH diagrams list C2 54 as Ignition Coil #1 and EVAP Vent Control Solenoid. This is obviously in error and once again, the GTO harness has been verified to have Ignition Coil #1 on C2 54.

Tipsy

Igntion Coils 2 of 2 from ChevyThunder site

EVAP Solenoids from ChevyThunder site
Old 04-05-2015, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Gotcha...
I know what the discrepancies are. I should have stopped when I replied that my C1 is un-pinned for 54. Assuming it IS Evap Vent Solenoid, I guess my only question is why isn't C1-54 populated on mine but yours is?
The mystery continues...
Attached Thumbnails 06 GTO LS2 Stand-Alone Harness Not Matching GM Schematics-c1-connector_picture.jpg  

Last edited by HwyStarJoe; 04-05-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

I guess my only question is why isn't C1-54 populated on mine but yours is?
The mystery continues...
I have no idea. Very odd.

Tipsy
Old 06-06-2015, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

Found another error on my 2006 GTO M6 harness. HO2S Pin A (HO2S Low Signal Bank 2 Senor 2).

Alldata indicates Pin A color Tan. It's actually Brown/Blue.

Tipsy
Old 05-18-2019, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

It's sad that this is a four year BUMP and my project is still a project, but hey - I'm working on it today

Just found more pinout/diagram inconsistencies. The MAF pinout shows both Pin A and Pin B as BK. On my 2006 GTO harness, MAF Pin A is BN/YE and Pin B is BN.

In the second diagram in Post #36 above, you can see that MAF Pin A & Pin B go to C3-24 and C3-34, respectively. In that diagram as well, they are both listed as BK, which is inconsistent with my actual 2006 GTO harness.

Quick Reply: 06 GTO LS2 Stand-Alone Harness Not Matching GM Schematics