Sponsored by:

LS1 in an early 66' Ford Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 in an early 66' Ford Bronco

Hi guys.

I've posted up a couple questions pertaining this swap before with little results. So I'm here trying again. I've heard of this swap and have even seen a couple. My father and I are currently working on this swap and rebuild of the Bronco. I like to see another or pictures of one because I cannot find one with the look I need. Or at least talk to someone that has done this swap.

My current issue is when I was setting in the mock up long block in to mock up motor mounts and check clearances, I realized that the harmonic balancer will hit the cross member that ties the front frame rails together. I am thinking I would like to just notch it and box it back in, just thinner vertically, if that would give enough clearance that way. My father wants to notch it and leave as an angled piece, but I believe that will not be strong enough for the twisting and still may be in the way because of how deep the motor will be sitting. We are unable to come up with it because the transmission is already tight in the transmission tunnel.

What have other guys done to address this issue? Any suggestions in addressing this issue? Any help?

Thanks guys,
Clint
Old 03-25-2015, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

show some pics of it. you can probably make another crossmember out of square or round tubing. Put that in place for clearance and still be strong. Then cut out old one, clean it up. Would like to see pics anyway.

Quick Reply: LS1 in an early 66' Ford Bronco