Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy LS1 questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy LS1 questions

Hey guys I'm new on here just had some questions. I got an LS1 out of a 02 vette, I'm planning on swapping it into my 98 s10, its built but my questions are about parts, the price difference between vette headers and camaro headers is nuts an ls1 is an ls1 right? I don't have a donor car so I still need buy a stand alone computer, but It shouldn't really matter if I buy certain stuff for a camaro instead of a Corvette should it?
Old 04-09-2015, 07:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Neither corvette or Camaro headers will fit in an s10. Check out Current Performance for s10 swap stuff. LS stuff is ls stuff. You don't have to pay the corvette tax. It all interchanges.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Awesome, I'm basically going to be giving the motor a test run right now in the s10, it's eventually going into my 66 Tempest which header clearance isn't much of an issue but Thank you I was hoping because the motor was out of a Vette I wasn't forced to buy Vette headers and stuff
Old 04-09-2015, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Engine wise, flange it's the same. That is basically where the similarities end, they are going to have to route the pipes differently in order to compensate for different components in the engine compartment. For your tempest the f-body headers are a great budget friendly choice. However don't be fooled by your huge engine compartment, if you are using donor parts or parts intended for other applications you will run into clearance issues. Some parts work better for different swap applications than others and this is a great place to find out what those parts are. Good luck with the swap.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aside from LS it does not matter, For headers it matters what its going into that is important. I doubt you will find a set of longtubes that will fit both the s10 and the tempest. If I were you i would try and make a set of factory manifolds work in the s10 and save the headers for the A body.

Quick Reply: New guy LS1 questions