Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LY6/6L80 into 79 Stepside or "Someone Kill Me Now"

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors not firing...

Well, still no luck here. I went ahead and changed my Crank Sensor since it was the last sensor I hadnt swapped out hoping I'd the same luck you did. I also verified my grounds were all to the block and not chasis/body. even ran a patch ground directly from battery to relay grounds in case. only thing left to do (suggested on another thread) is to split up injector and coil pinks (12v switched) to 2 seperate fuses. it was recommended to run all even # coils&injectors to one 15 amp fuse the all odd # coil/injectors to a second 15 amp fuse. can anyone else verify this? i built my harness as per lt1swap.com. Does anyone have an LS stand alone harness on here willing to sell for a decent price? i cant afford a $600 harness.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LY6/6L80 into 79 Stepside or "Someone Kill Me Now"

Do your injectors fire? I'd also look at the cam position sensor. you've seen what that did to mine.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

For a radiator measure the old one and try to find one that's close on rock auto from a car with electric fans ( if that's the route you want to go) I payed $238 for rad and duel fans from an 02 camaro ls1 beats the crazy $ they want for swap set up

Quick Reply: LY6/6L80 into 79 Stepside or "Someone Kill Me Now"