Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 lt1 camaro speedo and tach problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015 | 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

Default 5.3 lt1 camaro speedo and tach problem

I recently swapped a 01 5.3 into my 93 camaro. I am having problems getting my speedo to work. A scan tool will not read rpm but does read mph. The wiring harness i am using is off a 98 camaro. I have a the dark green an white wire connected. Which i believe is the vss power. I know there is a white wire as well that goes down through the firewall that has something to do with the speedo as well. There is a plug on the wheel well that is not plugged into anything coming off the engine harness which has a white wire that ohms out to the white wire going through the firewall. If anyone has some input on this that would be great! Thank you
Old 09-26-2015 | 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

For the Lt1 harness the VSS wire is dk green/white and is on c220 (white connector) terminal G. It is listed as circuit 817.

The tachometer is a white wire on the C230 blue connector. It is terminal D. It is listed as circuit 121.

This all for the 93 Lt1 interior harness. I don't have 98 harness pinout in front of me. I used a 99-02 Fbody harness for my 93.

Quick Reply: 5.3 lt1 camaro speedo and tach problem