Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Firebird Fuel Tank in V6 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Firebird Fuel Tank in V6 Firebird

I have a 3.4 V6 Firebird that has a bad gas tank. Everytime I fill the tank all the way up I smell gas. I had it checked out and my mechanic says the he spotted some residue and suggests installing another tank. Here is my delima, I am making plans for a LS swap. I have been gathering parts and I just picked up a LS1 plastic tank without a fuel pump. My question is should I install the LS tank now? If so what would I need to do to make it work with my current 3.4 V6? Do I put the V6 pump in the LS tank, or do I put a LS pump in? I have heard that both pumps run the same PSI but the V8 has higher volume. Is that a problem? Also, I have heard the the 3.4 has a return system and the LS has a returnless system with a fuel regulator built in. If that is true how would I get it to work with my 3.4? Thanks

Oh, one last question off topic. Is there a setting within this forum where I could get an email everytime someone responds to my thread? I am on a motorcycle forum that does that and its very helpful. Thanks

Quick Reply: LS1 Firebird Fuel Tank in V6 Firebird