Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1/T56 mustang swap people

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ls1/T56 mustang swap people

I'm at my wits end with my C5 so I think it's finally time to sell it and build the ultimate daily driver. I have a LOT of questions, I've read every thread possible, and then some, so please save the "please go search" responses.

So enough of my crying, how are ya'll rigging up your manual transmission setups? I've seen the McLeod conversion, but that's had less than stellar results. I've seen a custom made conversion that Zipster on here used and it seemed to work well, but there was never an update on the thread or anything. My car is a 94 so its not a hydroboost car which should make things a little easier. Depending on what they find went wrong this time on my Corvette, this is probably going to turn into a build thread. Thank you all for your help with my stupid questions, I'd really like to finally build my car and have something to be proud of.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

I have a `94 GT converted to hydraulic clutch release, I am using an Fbody T56 case trans converted to a 4 speed, I used the stock pedal brackets, did some rearranging, deletion of useless parts and used a Fiero clutch master, all of it cost a small fraction of those expensive hydraulic pull systems cost and it works great. To do it, you have to convert to manual brake master cyl. as there is not enough room for the vacuum booster and clutch master. After driving it awhile you don't even notice there is no power brakes, it stops fine, the pedal feels right if you get the right brake master size.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 93 coupe that's set up for a 6 speed and ls1. Still has the drive shaft in it even.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

use aje k-member and aje trans crossmember and your motor and trans will drop in and sit at the right angle...stay away from teamz..
Old 11-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm doing something a little different, but it's unclear yet how well it will work because I'm still waiting on a few parts. I'm using a Ford-spec T56 and a custom-order version of Quicktime RM-8020 with a provision for a 7 o'clock Ford release fork. The Ford input shaft is shorter, so I will use the larger step on the crankshaft and an adapter pilot bearing. I've used the McLeod pull-style hydraulic master and I don't like it one bit, so Modern Driveline helped me piece this together instead.

It looks like everything should be OK but I haven't yet confirmed whether the clutch cable will interfere with the oil filter. I may have to do a remote mount.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by booboo37
use aje k-member and aje trans crossmember and your motor and trans will drop in and sit at the right angle...stay away from teamz..
The AJE looks good, the UPR looks a bit sturdier as well, I'll email AJE and ask if theirs can hold up to Houston roads.

Quick Reply: Ls1/T56 mustang swap people